Wizard Of Oz Cake?

Decorating By christys2 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 1:00am by erinalicia

christys2 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing one for my daughter's 4th bday party this weekend. I am no expert cake decorator by any means and can only do the basics really thumbs_up.gif

My idea was a white sheet cake with rainow colors around the outside of the cake for the border. Then a rainbow on top of the cake, green grass with the red poppies in it and a yellow brick road leading to the emerald city. with a laminated picture of my daughter in her dorothy dress from halloween like she is standing on the yellow brick road. My problem is I dont know how to do the emerald city. I tried finding a pic to laminate too but I cant find one for the life of me that will print properly. any suggestions??

thanks!!!! icon_lol.gif

7 replies
majka_ze Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:23am
post #2 of 8

See http://sketchfu.com/drawing/69478-emerald-city
You can download this image and I tried to resize it:
you can get it up to full sheet size.

And the painting process is spectacular!

If you choose this picture and need help with resizing - pm me.

erinalicia Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 8

This is the cake that I did for my best friend's little girl who turned 4 in December. My friend added a rainbow that she printed out behind the emerald city. It turned out really cute and was pretty easy to decorate. I made the emerald city and brick road out of candy clay and dusted the city with green luster dust. The shoes are plastic favors my friend ordered from a party supply.

LittleLinda Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 8

It is kind of hard to find Emerald City all by itself. I found this one, though.
That cake sounds awesome! Please return to this thread when you post the picture!

christys2 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #5 of 8

thanks for the suggestions thumbs_up.gif

Here is the finished product. It's not the best I've done but my daughter was def. impressed. lol and i wanted to do the rainbow in stars and more colors but i ran low on icing. icon_redface.gif

enoid Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:41am
post #6 of 8

I think you did a very nice job. Is "Dorothy" your daughter?

justsweet Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 8

here is a cake from sharon - sugar shack blog

with some step by step pictures for the yellow brick road

erinalicia Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #8 of 8

it turned out great, and most importantly- your daughter loved it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%