Mmf Vs Other Rolled Fondant

Decorating By ambolil Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm by JenniferMI

ambolil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambolil Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 3

I am new to the whole fondant idea. Everyone always talks about how horrible the stuff tastes. I just made my first batch of MMF a few days ago because I heard it actually has a decent taste to it.

I took the cake to work and now a friend wants me to make a cake for her sister's upcoming baby shower. I have not worked with any other type of fondant before, only MMF. It didn't appear to get very stiff, but it worked well to cover cake layers. It tasted great! I am curious to know the differences between MMF made at home and another purchased or homemade fondant recipe. I am just worried she will come to me with an idea that will require a stiffer product?

Thanks everyone!

2 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 3

MMF can be flavored how you like it while premade fondant is pretty much a "vanilla" taste, unless you get the chocolate. If you can get the making your own MMF down and it works for you, then you might as well stick with that and avoid the expense of buying it..

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 3

I'm a chocolate fondant gal ALL the way. I think it performs so much better and tastes good, too.

I'm happy to help if you have questions

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%