White Chocolate Fonant Recipe ????

Business By nonnyscakes Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 2:36am by emiyeric

nonnyscakes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 10

Does anyone have a recipe for a White Chocolate Fondant? I may have missed it, but I looked in the posted recipes and didn't see one.

9 replies
Bijoudelanuit Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 10

Here is a link to one from pastry chef.com using rolled fondant, white chocolate,simple syrup and glucose... not entirely homemade, but tasty to those who like white chocolate!

http://www.pastrychef.com/Wedding-Cake_ep_48.html

nonnyscakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks.

Win Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 10

I simply add 6 oz of chopped white chocolate to the liquid part of Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant.... while the liquid is heating add the chocolate and allow it to melt along with the butter, etc. It does not change the dynamics of the recipe. It's important not to skip the part of the recipe that tells you to strain the liquid when adding it to the sugar.

nonnyscakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 6:54pm
post #5 of 10

Found the recipe. Thanks.

dailey Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

I simply add 6 oz of chopped white chocolate to the liquid part of Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant.... while the liquid is heating add the chocolate and allow it to melt along with the butter, etc. It does not change the dynamics of the recipe. It's important not to skip the part of the recipe that tells you to strain the liquid when adding it to the sugar.

i added white chocolate last time i made MFF and thought it handled *SO* much better then without it. do you experience this as well? just curious : )

lazlo Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 10

What is the "Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant" recipe?
thanks

emiyeric Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:19pm
post #8 of 10

Here's a white chocolate fondant which I've used before. I love it, but do not expect the white chocolate flavor to be very strong. For sure look for a white chocolate creamer. The Michele Foster recipe is my go-to recipe now, you can look for it in the recipe section just as "Michele Foster's ..."
Good luck!

-Emi.

LaWanda's White Chocolate Fondant

1/2 cup Heavy cream or liquid coffee creamer (I use White Chocolate/ Macadamia Nut)
3 pkg. unflavored gelatin
1 c white corn syrup
3 Tbsp real butter
3 Tbsp glycerin
2 t clear vanilla
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
3 1/2 - 4 lb. powered Sugar. (I sift mine)

Mix cream with gelatin, allow to firm up 3-5 min. Set on double boiler with simmering water stirring until melted. Add corn syrup, white chocolate, butter, glycerin and vanilla. Cook over simmering water until butter is almost melted. Remove from heat & let cool till luke warm.

In large mixer bowl place about 2 lbs of the PS. Pour liquid through strainer until partially mixed. Attach to mixer using dough hook, mix on low until sugar is well mixed then start adding about 1 cup of PS at a time until the fondant wraps around the dough hook. Place fondant on smooth surface dusted with PS & knead until smooth. Wrap fondant in greased plastic wrap, wrap again & place in plastic bag or air-tight container. Let it rest over night.

lazlo Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #9 of 10

thanks alot! I just started on this community and I can't seem to get off of it. I mean man I was on it for 8 hours here at work and when I got home I put my 7 week old baby to sleep and instead of sleeping I was on the site again, and now I have been on for 4 hours so I am addicted and I haven't even gotten off the cake decorating business board!! wow!!!

emiyeric Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #10 of 10

Yep yep! It's addictive! Congratulations on the baby ... those are addictive, too icon_wink.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%