Posies? Bride Wants Them, But What Are They?

Decorating By sprtd76 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm by CeeTee

sprtd76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprtd76 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to do a wedding cake in July. My first and I am very nervous. I have a pretty good idea of what to do except the bride wants Posies. What exactly do posies look like? Everywhere I have researched shows all kinds of different flowers. Can someone show me the light on what posies look like? I am more confused now than when I started researching this.

Thanks,
Beth

7 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 8

Posies are just an old fashioned term for flowers. You should check to see if she wants a specific flower.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 8

If you do a Google images search you will find pics of them.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 8

They come in different colors and some are mulit-layerd petals. Here is a pic of pink posies.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emptybelly/513223245/

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:59pm
post #5 of 8

Looks like it's a small bouquet of any type. Might want to ask the bride if she has particular flowers in her "posy". Maybe she's confused? HTH

This is from Wikipedia: A nosegay, posey (or posie, posy), flower bouquet or tussie-mussie is a small bunch of flowers, typically given as a gift. They have existed in some form since at least medieval times, when they were carried or worn around the head or bodice to mask the unpleasant smells of the time

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 8

patticakes, that picture is of pink geraniums.
Maybe the bride meant pansies or maybe she just wants small various old fashioned flowers.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 8

maybe she wanted peonies? or poppies?
I think I'd ask her to clearify.
good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CeeTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CeeTee Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #8 of 8

Alanaj beat me to it. Posies are a kind of flower arrangement and not an actual flower. You'll have to ask the bride to bring in pictures of the kinds of flowers she wants.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%