First Wedding Cake

Decorating By tuck Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 5:07pm by cakesmade4u

tuck Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 10:24am
post #1 of 4

Hi there,
I am new to this site, so far I'm loving it.
I am making a wedding cake for this saturday. It is 2 tier, the bottom tier is square 15inch. I need to put a panel of pink fondant across it which will be 8inch wide and full length of cake.
Can anyone give me ideas on the best way to roll the past on the cake so it's very straight.
Also, if you can tell me the best way to transport the cake, that would be appreciated too.

3 replies
majka_ze Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 11:49am
post #2 of 4

You have two good ways about it:

Buy a piece of translucent vinyl sheet (usually sold as tablecloth). Roll your fondant on it. Cut it to dimensions, peel of the excess. Take the sheet with fondant, turn it over on your cake, peel the sheet of. This way you don't disturb the piece and can carefully reposition it.

Roll your fondant panel on baking paper or similar, cut it to dimensions (only score, don't disturb the paper) to dimensions. Peel of the fondant around your panel - only this remains on the paper. Slide the paper with fondant on cookie sheet, freeze for a while. It will harden and you can position it easily.

If you need the accent to go over the edge of cake, I would use the vinyl sheet.

tuck Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 7:23am
post #3 of 4

Thanks very much for your reply, it was very helpful. I will use the first method you suggested.

cakesmade4u Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 4

When delivering your cake make sure you have a flat surface to put the cake on like the floor of the car suv etc... Then place one of the rubber mats the kind that go under chair cousions rug or cabinets... On the floor then place your cakes on top of them to help from slipping. If you have pillers you can travel with the cakes seperate and set up at the hall or location, if stacked use a dowel stright down the middle so all the cakes will be supported. Hope this helps and good luck tuck...!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%