What Happened?? To My Bc

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #1 of 4

Hey all CC'ers i made a batch of Bc for a cake For friday and i used 1cup alpine shortening and 3sticks butter i blended that together worked long to get it to creme together finally it did , then i added my flavorings beat together for a few seconds then i started adding my powerderd sugar and whipping creme came out really soft looking then when i tried to icing my cake it looked like it had holes in it that looked stretched i tried to smooth as best as i could finally got it to look ok but still didnt like the way it looked does anyone know what may have happened i think this happend before when i uses the whipping creme,
Thanks for any info on this one

3 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:07am
post #2 of 4

It sounds like you may have whipped your icing too much and caused air bubbles. I use
whipping cream all the time and have not had a problem. HTH

Cindy

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:56am
post #3 of 4

Try using a lower speed on your KA if that's what you mix in. I too use Heavy Cream in my BC and I don't get the air bubbles. I cream the shortening/butter on low with the HC and flavorings, then add the PS last. I mix mine probably a total of 20 minutes on #2, I also add a couple of Tablespoons of light corn syrup at the end.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Try using a lower speed on your KA if that's what you mix in. I too use Heavy Cream in my BC and I don't get the air bubbles. I cream the shortening/butter on low with the HC and flavorings, then add the PS last. I mix mine probably a total of 20 minutes on #2, I also add a couple of Tablespoons of light corn syrup at the end.

You know thinking about it i add my HC to my powderd sugar and i did mix it fast air bubbles may have been it and what about the Ps should i mix the cream with the shortening and butter like you did i always used the Heavy cream with the sugar?? Thanks for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%