Uk Users, Where Do You Buy Your Equipment Online?

Decorating By lucysmam Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 3:10pm by lucysmam

lucysmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucysmam Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 7

I'm looking for somewhere reliable with reasonable delivery charges in the uk to order from & wondered if anyone here could offer any suggestions I could have a look at over the next few days before I need to get some stuff to make 3 cakes I've been asked for

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:37am
post #2 of 7

www.apieceofcakethame.co.uk is really good - if you contact them they will answer anyquestions you have about the products, and email you a final postage charge if you ask, before they take your payment. (they also do amazing gumpaste, but of course getting that sent in the mail adds up!)
www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk is also good, but a bit more (pennies-£1 more) expensive. but they have some stuff the other one doesnt like chocolate tranfers.
xx

saracupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saracupcake Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 10:04am
post #3 of 7

I'll second both sites that brincess_b mentioned, A piece of cake has a good special offers page.

I've also bought quite a lot from ebay and the other online site I use is www.sugarshack.co.uk they do free postage if you spend over £40.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 7

Hi, I have bought my cake stuff from A piece of cake and Sugarshack. Both staff are really helpfull. But A piece od cake postage and packing prices are too expencive for me. So most of the time I order my stuff from www.almondart.com. And recently I got a tin from www.makeawishcakeshop.co.uk and they have fast delivery too!

HTH.

lucysmam Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 7

brilliant, thank-you. I'll sit down & have a look at those once the little one is in bed tonight. I never thought of checking out ebay so will have a look on there later too

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 7

www.design-a-cake.co.uk

can't praise this company enough. The staff are superb they're always happy to discuss anthing by telephone or email and if you ever in this area pay the show room a visit

lucysmam Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:10pm
post #7 of 7

thanks MissBaritone, I'll have a look on there when I get a minutes peace this afternoon, little one's running me ragged at the moment so have escaped into the kitchen for 5 mins chill & a cuppa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%