Most Likely The Dumbest Question Ever Asked Here....

Decorating By MorganO Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm by indydebi

MorganO Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 6

But I need "stupid proof" directions for a coupler. I've used one before but it's never worked right--I've cut the corner out of a pastry bag, slid the big piece down in the bag...put the tip on and when I go to screw it together, the screw piece won't go to the top.

I'm sure it's so easy I'm just an idiot--but I can't figure it out. I even tried to youtube video it and there wasn't a video available--I REALLY didn't want to ask this here......it's a bit embarassing icon_redface.gif

5 replies
indydebi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 6

"wont' go to the top" .... do you mean the 'bolt' part won't go up past the metal tip to enable you to screw it onto the 'screw' part?

If so, then you've got a large tip and need a large coupler. I have a few of those and I never realize I've picked up that tip until I try to screw the coupler together. I end up just having to use the tip without a coupler.

MorganO Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 6

Thats what I meant....and I figured thats what it was-just thought maybe I was missing something.

I have a few couplers-I'll see if I have a large one by chance...

Thanks!!

indydebi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 6

If you don't have the coupler on hand, you can just push the tip into the corner of the bag, snip the bag for an opening, and it will work fine. I always make sure to put the tip as far as I can, to make the bag nice and snug around the tip.

gerripje Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, don't feel bad. When I first started getting interested in cakes, I thought these plastic tips suck, a big circle with a notch!! Of course, that was just the coupler icon_redface.gif. Always just takes time to learn thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerripje

Oh, don't feel bad. When I first started getting interested in cakes, I thought these plastic tips suck, a big circle with a notch!! Of course, that was just the coupler icon_redface.gif. Always just takes time to learn thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif oh THAT is funny! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%