Business By muddpuppy Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 4:41pm by deb12g

muddpuppy Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all!

Do you participate in some sort of referal program? Not the kind of service where you pay them and they promise you a certain number of cakes, but I mean, like you make a deal with a local florist and she refers you to her clients and vice versa?

4 replies
indydebi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

It's called networking and it's the best form of advertising that exists.

Is there a local BNI chapter in your area? (Business Network International). If so, join it today. Are there any wedding network organizations in your area? If so, join it. If not, start one.

Networking groups work because those in the groups get together weekly or monthly, they get to know each other, and they refer business back and forth to each other. There is a videographer in my BNI group who has a GREAT pricing package for his photos/videos that I refer 2-3 brides to him every single week. Every. Week.

I started referring brides to a local venue that I like working in, because they are so close to me. The venue began sending me non-wedding clients that wouldn't have found me otherwise.

Networking. Best investment you can do.

muddpuppy Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much for the info! That's exactly the type of thing I was looking for!!
Once again Indy you're a wealth of knowledge!!

leah_s Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, I'm a founding member of the Louisville Wedding Network. Check out our website.

deb12g Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with Indydebi- I joined my local BNI chapter last summer, and it really made a difference - got me exposure to people/clients I never would have had contact with before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%