Husband Needs Help - My Wife Wants To Learn Cake Decorating

Decorating By jmooney Updated 20 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm by superstar

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 9:53pm
post #31 of 57

We are all looking forward to hearing from your wife, she is most fortunate to have such a loving husband.

cakesgalore6373 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesgalore6373 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:27pm
post #32 of 57

I agree with the suggestions about the classes and the basic supplies to get for your wife.

I had to laugh about the part of her making cakes for the family, friends, and probably for school only. You will be surprised how fast that list will grow.

She will be happy to do it so she can get more practice, and show off her new skills.

Glad you like cake...................my family is very proud of the cakes I make, but they are so tired of eating cake!!! I now send them to work or give to neighbors.

Can't wait for her to get her b'day present and see some of her work on CC.

lucysmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucysmam Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #33 of 57

I am very envious of your wife, if I wanted my partner to get me something like this I would have to ask him for it!! You are so thoughtful

I hope she enjoys what you get her & has a fantastic birthday xx

jmooney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmooney Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:37pm
post #34 of 57

Ok so I went to Michael's tonight (I swore my 3yo daughter to secrecy so we'll see how that goes) and I got her:

Wilton's 28 Piece Tip Set
Wilton's Tip attachment doohickeys
50 pack of disposable 12" bags
A standard pack and Pastel pack (4 jars each) of coloring
An edger (looks like a 12" plastic ruler with saw teeth on each side)

I looked at the classes and they seem to offer 1 and 2 every month. The next one starts net week but it doesn't jive with her work schedule so we'll go together after her birthday and find one that does.

Her turntable came today as well. The package from KitchenSA will come Thursday, which is actually her birthday so hopefully it'll come early. Just a note that you seem to really need to plan ahead if you need something from them. They were really nice and helpful but you have to call the next day after placing an internet order that need expedited shipping and it takes a day or two to get it out still.

I will report in again soon!

Jim

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:56am
post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmam

I am very envious of your wife, if I wanted my partner to get me something like this I would have to ask him for it!!

I have to provide my husband with a detailed list for every special occasion! LOL! I can't see him ever ordering things online though so if I want better (non Wilton) supplies I will have to order them myself.

Tinabug1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabug1979 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:08am
post #36 of 57

She's gonna be so excited! When you can, Tell her Happy Birthday from us.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:24am
post #37 of 57

Yes, wish her a very Happy Birthday!!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 10:45am
post #38 of 57

How thoughtful of you. When she is ready for videos go to sugared.com. Great videos. But the place to start is the Wilton Basic classes. She will love them.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 1:00pm
post #39 of 57

Awwwww....I can imagine her face when she opens her gifts-more than the stuff, I think the effort and planning you put in is priceless. God bless!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #40 of 57

You are such a sweet husband for doing this for her.

My hubby is EXTREMELY supportive in my "hobby". He takes me to cake shows, buys supplies for me, and the time is takes when I'm working on a cake, just to mention a few ways. He is my absolute biggest supporter and when I'm about finished with a cake, he calls my best friend and my mom to tell them to come over and see besides sending photos of the cake to his family who lives out of state. I couldn't ask for more support than that.

That said, I told him about your post and from one cake hubby to another, his comment was "be afraid, be very afraid". icon_lol.gif That line completely cracked me up.

This is an addictive hobby. I go to a cake show, I'm tired, stressed, never doing this again and I spend the time driving home planning cakes for the next show.

We can't wait to hear from your wife after her birthday and see her first cake! icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:21pm
post #41 of 57

My husband is very supportive & my best critic, he will wander around a hardware shop & then call me & tell me he has found something I can use for my cakes!!!! he always offers good advice & if I need anything made that he can do such as a cake stand etc he is right there to do it. Jim, you are a great guy & I am sure your wife will appreciate everything. Please wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me & if there is anything I can ever do to help her...she just has to ask. I know that goes for all our CC family too.

jmooney Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 6:12pm
post #42 of 57

Everything has arrived. I'll be giving her the gift in a little bit. Pictures to follow!

Thank you all so much!!

superstar Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 8:32pm
post #43 of 57

I wish I could be a fly on the wall when she opens her gifts.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #44 of 57

So sweet! Cannot wait to hear how she likes it. What a great hubby you are.

lucysmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucysmam Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #45 of 57

Did your wife like her gifts &have a fab birthday?

jmooney Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:34pm
post #46 of 57

Hi All,

Here are the promised pics:

Wife and her birthday flowers:

Opening cards with our daughter Carmella's help:

Wilton's Tip Set:

Fat Daddio Turntable:

The last part of the gift that I didn't want to post about it here because I wanted her to read this before it came was a brand new oven!

I replaced our 1960 Kitchen Aid stove with a brand new Frigidare with Speed Bake.

I'll get here to sign up here soon and post.

Now I just have to wait for all the yummy cake to eat icon_biggrin.gif

kbak37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbak37 Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 2:58pm
post #47 of 57

I had a big long post, but lost it, so here is the short version
1. You are awesome...
2. Your wife and daughter are beautiful
3. you are awesome
4. Must invest in Sugarshack's videos..they are priceless
5. She must come to CC for great recipes and tips
6. Did I mention you are awesome?
7. I cant wait to see her creations

Last but not least..you ROCK!

Kim

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:09pm
post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak37

I had a big long post, but lost it, so here is the short version
1. You are awesome...
2. Your wife and daughter are beautiful
3. you are awesome
4. Must invest in Sugarshack's videos..they are priceless
5. She must come to CC for great recipes and tips
6. Did I mention you are awesome?
7. I cant wait to see her creations

Last but not least..you ROCK!

Kim

DITTO!! You ROCK!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #49 of 57

I can't really add anything but you're awesome for doing this. And I love your dancing Wookie. icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:21pm
post #50 of 57

I new oven to boot on top of all that loot! icon_surprised.gif

Wonderful!!!! thumbs_up.gif Cant wait to meet her in here and see her first cake!!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm
post #51 of 57

That is so awesome! I am glad she wont have to bake in that plastic kitchen in the photo icon_lol.gif

jmooney Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:18pm
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

That is so awesome! I am glad she wont have to bake in that plastic kitchen in the photo icon_lol.gif

LOL...A serious amount of baking occurs in that kitchen. Most common fare is stuffed fabric cupcakes and plastic hamburgers make on a muffin pan. I have had many a meal prepared there.....

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #53 of 57

I've had plenty of plastic picnics myself... icon_lol.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 5:56pm
post #54 of 57

I have to add ... the plastic ones sometimes are WAYYYYYY better than the other yummies Ive let my Grand Kids fix for me!! icon_wink.gif Ummmy Ummmy!

sugarshack Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #55 of 57

You have just raised the bar for all husbands in America. I would keep looking over your shoulder if I were you, LOL

Fantastic!!

sugarshack Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #56 of 57

You have just raised the bar for all husbands in America. I would keep looking over your shoulder if I were you, LOL

Fantastic!!

superstar Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #57 of 57

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with us. Your wife looks lovely & your little daughter is so cute. I think every wife on CC has told her husband about you, I have one like you & I am so grateful for him. Sharon is right you have just raised the bar. Looking forward to seeing cakes & don't forget to tell your wife to sign on here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%