Cookie On A Stick Idea

Baking By Lcubed82 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:09am by shiney

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 5

Instead of making cookies thicker, and shoving the stick in, could we cut two thinner cookies, lay one on tray, place stick on top, then lay second cookie on top of first? I seem to be distorting some cookie designs when pushing in the stick.

what do you all think?

4 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 5

That's an interesting idea but it seems like a lot of work, double rolling the dough and stuff. For me, whenever I go thicker, my cookie loses it's shape while it cooks. It seems like there is a fine line to just thick enough without wonkin' out on the edges.

I just came off the thread about putting the sticks on the bags instead (Shiney's idea ~ brilliant!!) so I am so beside myself at the thought that I don't have to bake on sticks anymore, I am practically dancing!

Let us know how your double layer cookie idea works, I hope it does! icon_smile.gif

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 5

I too have been looking at Shiney's idea. I thought about the whole rolling twice and all the extra time AFTER I posted the message! Not a gluten for punishment here!

I have a dozen Cub Scouts decorating cookies this week for bouquets for Blue and Gold next weekend. This could be the perfect opportunity to try- not a paying job!

CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 5

Hey, I am lazy, what can I say?? icon_smile.gif I have to tell you, I HATE making cookies on sticks. They are a pain in the butt, take forever and you can only make so many at a time because they take up so much bloody space..... they make me crazy.

And the last time I made them, they seemed fine and then slowly fell off their darn sticks!!! I was so mad (kids were thrilled as they get to eat the damaged ones).

Either way, I would love to know how this works. Have fun icon_smile.gif

shiney Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:09am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I have a dozen Cub Scouts decorating cookies this week for bouquets for Blue and Gold next weekend. This could be the perfect opportunity to try- not a paying job!

Icubed82: Great opportunity for you to try this, see if it works for you. I will sit down in front of the telly, put the tv table tray in front of me, stick bits of tape around the table (to pull off one at a time fast), have a stack of bags and sticks, glue gun, just start an assembly, easy peasy! Then they are all done and ready for your beautiful cookies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%