Wasc And 9X13 Will It Work?

Decorating By lauramw71 Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 3:07am by tracey1970

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 5

so i'm making a 9x13 for a babyshower for work... I want to make the WASC (since I found filling sleeves at my local cake supply store WOO HOO!!!!). If I halve the WASC recipe, will it be enough to make a good sized 9x13?
Thanks!

4 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 5

It will be just fine!

KimAZ

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 5

My *original* WASC recipe is *perfect* fit for a 9x13x2 pan icon_smile.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 5

well.... do tell!!! LOL

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #5 of 5

laura - I'm not sure which version of the WASC I made (it's on this site). Anyhow, I made only 1/2 the recipe as the full-sized one makes too much batter (like 14+ cups). I was using the Wilton Performance pan (9" x 13" x 2" deep), and it calls for 7 cups of batter in the pan instructions. So I made 1/2 the recipe, measured the batter in my 8-cup measuring cup. It came to 7 cups approx (close, maybe a dribble more than 7 cups). I poured that into the pan, and it looked a bit shy to me. I went ahead with it anyway as I had no more batter made. I used the baking strips and two flower nails in the pan to allow for even heat distribution. Well, when the cake was done, it was virtually 100% level (no shaving needed at all). However, it didn't even come to the top of the 2" deep pan. The cake, fully risen, was about 1 1/2" high. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely add more batter to the pan before baking to ensure that I got at least a 2" high cake, which is what I was aiming for.

So whether it was a pan issue, a baking issue, a batter issue, I don't know. But that's what happened to me. It might be worth double checking the batter amounts??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%