Cookie Newbie-What Type...???

Decorating By Niquie Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm by jennym0904

Niquie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all you cookie folks,
This is probably a completely dumb question, but I want to try my hand at the No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe, but I don't know what kind of flour to buy, LOL!!! The recipe just says "flour", so what kind is it??? Also, does anyone have a great tasting, yet easy cookie icing for a newbie cookie baker??? Thanks in advance.

Ashley

8 replies
jennym0904 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 9

hi niquie-
i've used regular all purpose-unbleached flour and they were delicious! icon_smile.gif

good luck!

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 9

That is a good question! I assumed it was all purpose flour since you add in baking powder. But I am probaby wrong. I printed the recipe so that I could make it later and that did not even occur to me. Hope someone else with experience can enlighten us.

SueB Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 9

I use all-purpose flour. I have used Antonia74 Royal Icing recipe and tara1970 sugar cookie icing and have had great success with both. Hope that helps!

Sue

Anntee Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 9

Yes - it's all purpose flour. As for icing, check in the recipes section for "cookie icing." There are several listed. I like Alice's cookie icing. HTH icon_smile.gif

Niquie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the quick responses. I was thinking that it would be all purpose flour since the cookies need to hold a certain shape. Thanks so much and any other responses are still welcome.

Ashley

jennym0904 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 12:28am
post #7 of 9

here's another cookie newbie question- if you're using rolled buttercream or fondant to decorate, how would you attach it to the cookie??? icon_smile.gif
THANKS

bonniebakes Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 9

jennym-

you can add it while the cookies are still warm and it will "melt" onto the cookie and stick. Or, if the cookies are cooled, you can use a little piping gel or corn syrup to "glue" it onto the cookie.

jennym0904 Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 9

thank you!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%