Confectionary Arts Tylose & Ck Tylose Same Product?

Business By Justbeck101 Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 5:09am by Justbeck101

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I normally purchase tylose in the Confectionary arts brand. I recenlty bought some and the picture said it was Confectionary arts, but when I received it, it was CK. I called the company where I bought it from and they said it is the same. That the container is just different...new packaging?

QUESTION:

Are they the same?

5 replies
1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 6

I can't help you - sorry - I only use the Confectionary Arts brand too but wanted to say I {heart} tylose! It is so easy to work with in my fondant instead of kneading in a bunch of gumpaste!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:52am
post #3 of 6

I'm pretty sure tylose is tylose.... I have gotten a few different brands from my cake supply (I ask for tylose and I get whatever they give me) and its all worked fine for me.

Justbeck101 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:56am
post #4 of 6

Ok thanks!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:13am
post #5 of 6

I'm so glad you asked this, because the same thing happened to me. Ordered CAI tylose in December and got it, ordered in January and I got the CK stuff. The ingedient list on the CAI bottle includes dextrin and the CK does not. icon_confused.gif

I looked up dextrin and it's used as a thick agent or binding agent. I've only made two batches of gum paste with tylose ever in my life. The first with CAI and it was lovely and perfect, the second with CK and I haven't used it all that much, but it seemed different to me.

Although, I am finding that gum paste, fondant, and even buttercream are sensitive to changing weather and humidity, so maybe it's just me....... I'm not familiar with it yet to know if it really is different or not. Sheesh, I'm long winded today. tapedshut.gif Hmmmm, I wonder if we ordered from the same place?!?

Justbeck101 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 5:09am
post #6 of 6

BUMP

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%