Please Help!

Decorating By photocookiediva Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm by LaTasha

photocookiediva Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 5

I volunteered to make my good friend's groom's cake for her wedding. Little did I know, he was going to be VERY specific on what he wanted.

So now, I am having to make miniature football players (helmets, pads and all) out of gumpaste or fondant. I have no idea where to start. I have to make about 22 of them. The wedding is now in 3 weeks and I am starting to get worried.

Any advice?? Has anyone ever made a football player?

4 replies
icer101 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 5

i usually get a cheap replica of the item... from dollar store... walmart.etc.. sit down.. try my hand at it a few times... then make the real thing for the cake.. it works for me everytime.. i made the speed racer car in my photos.. that is how i did it.. didn,t ever have to take it out of package.. took it back.. traded it for something useful to me. hth

photocookiediva Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks! That make sense. I will try it out and see how I do. I LOVE you cakes BTW, great job!

VannaD Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 5

Could you maybe just use plastic ones?? I dont know if youve ever made made gumpaste figures, but they are incredibly time consuming.... you have to do 22 ? I'd be ready to kill someone after making so many. Good Luck!

LaTasha Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 5

Well how about buying a small helmet molding the gumpaste around it to get the shape and the rest should be easy to make. Don't know if this helps but I have done it before on other things.

Good Luck post pics when you are done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%