?? About Giant Cookie

Baking By GayeG Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm by nickshalfpint

GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 10

Hey all icon_biggrin.gif

I'm doing a giant chocolate chip cookie - well, 3 of them this afternoon and was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to the amount of batter to put into my (pizza) pan .. The last time I did it I put way too much and my oven suffered horribly! Then I tried less batter and it didnt spread to edge of pan icon_cry.gif So if you can help me with the amount it sure will help with the headache afterwards!!! My pans are 12 1/4 in x 1/2 ...Thanx in advance!!

9 replies
step0nmi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 10

hmm...I would actually think you wouldn't want to put it in a pizza pan? have you tried a regular like 10" cake pan? I would think you would just spread a real thin layer into one of these and get a nice round cookie!

those are my thoughts icon_lol.gif good luck!

GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 10

Wow! A real V-8 moment! I havent even thought of doing that!! Thats a great idea! Thank you!

Jannie92869 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 10

Oh wow..............talk about V8!!!!!!!!!! I did a giant chocolate chip cookie just this morning! And I put it in a pizza pan. It cooked good, looks good from the top............however I didn't like the sides because they were a bit uneven. I figured next time I will get the foil disposable pan and put it in there...then I won't have to see the sides.

But ....cook my 12 inch cookie in a 12 inch cake pan...I am gonna do it. ( now just to make sure I put the right amount of batter..so its not too thick..not to thin..but just right.)

Thanks.

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 10

I got the foil pans, and used most of a mix of Toll House cookie dough recipe right from the bag. I would probably use just a little less next time, so the edges don't puff up too much. I did spread the dough fairly evenly before cooking, all the way to edge.

GayeG Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 10

Well - not so much of a success - but delicious anyways!

I used my 10 in cake pan - and (just what I was worried about - and the reason for the original ???) I used too much batter and now have a "chocolate-chip cake" - my family was ok with that icon_wink.gif

So then I tried the foil pizza pan - and even though I have a "cookie" now - it was all uneven around the sides ...

Argh! So I just went ahead and made 2 more like it (didnt want another cake for me and mine to eat!!) And the next 2 were the same icon_sad.gif Well, with the decorations - its still very "sweet" and the customer loved them! Called late last night and said they were delicious!

So - thats ALL that matters is that they were happy! Next time, hmmmmmmm gotta figure out that batter amt!!!

Thanx to all that tried to help icon_smile.gif

ddaigle Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 10

When I did my giant cookie, I used a pizza pan and made it as thick as I wanted, as if I was doing individual cookies. I made mine about 1/4". After I got it in the pan, I used a pizza cutter wheel and went around it to get a smooth defined line. The extra dough, I made individual cookies and saved them for myself! Just pretend you are making a pizza. My cookie recipe made 3 dozen, so I needed at least that much for a 16" cookie.

step0nmi Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:35pm
post #8 of 10

awww..i'm sorry my idea didn't work icon_sad.gif but, i'm glad they were yummy icon_lol.gif

GayeG Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm
post #9 of 10

Debbie .. my recipe is designed to spread so going around them with the pizza cutter wouldnt have mattered ... thats why I needed to figure out the amt to put in - the recipe is the BEST cc cookie Ive ever eaten but not so good if you want it to retain its shape!!

step0nmi - would have been a wonderful idea IF I had used the correct amt of dough - It came out perfectly round which is what I wanted - so next time I'll just make X-tra dough so I can keep trying if I have to - to get the right amt! Either way - my family got a GREAT CC cake ... so yummy!!

nickshalfpint Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:05pm
post #10 of 10

I've made mine in a cake pan, pie pan and pizza pan. When I use a pizza pan I make the edges smooth and put them at least an inch from the sides. Mine spread, but the edges always look fine. I recently bought a deep dish pizza pan and that works really good for really even edges.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%