Is This Ok??

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 7:13am by Trevie

lkoenig07 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:41am
post #1 of 7

Does this cake look like it needs more roses, or do you think it looks fine as is?? Thank you!!
LL

6 replies
tonedna Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:52am
post #2 of 7

I would put a few more roses...that rose looks lonely..
Edna icon_smile.gif

vetaAL Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:52am
post #3 of 7

I think your rose needs some greenery/leaves around it: it looks unfinished as is.
I wouldn't add more flowers, tought. Cheers

lostincake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:55am
post #4 of 7

I agree with Edna...a few more roses for sure...maybe in different shades of pink if possible. icon_smile.gif

Tita9499 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:58am
post #5 of 7

I third the motion. I think it would look even better with a few more roses. Great job.

wrightway777 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:00am
post #6 of 7

Its cute as is (if you dont have a lot of time then leave it as is) but if you want honesty....
Personally, I would say yes. Take the one that you have off and pipe a mound of icing in the middle (not too much...then put the one back on - this will elevate that rose). Then put at least one ring of .....I'm guessing...5 roses* around that elevated one in the middle. Angle them to face at almost 45 degrees to hide the base of each rose and the slight mound in the middle). IMHO.

*kinda hard to guess the exact # needed to tell from the pic since its not a downward shot.

Trevie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:13am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightway777

Its cute as is (if you dont have a lot of time then leave it as is) but if you want honesty....
Personally, I would say yes. Take the one that you have off and pipe a mound of icing in the middle (not too much...then put the one back on - this will elevate that rose). Then put at least one ring of .....I'm guessing...5 roses* around that elevated one in the middle. Angle them to face at almost 45 degrees to hide the base of each rose and the slight mound in the middle). IMHO.

*kinda hard to guess the exact # needed to tell from the pic since its not a downward shot.

I totally agree and with some leaves piped on too (filler, because well, I suck at BC rosesicon_smile.gif to kinda hide the mound)! It'll be gorgeous!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%