How Do I Fix This Wedding Cake?

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 27 Jan 2013 , 1:48am by timeforcake

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:33pm
post #31 of 66

That is such a beautiful cake!!! When you wanted to give up you found something inside of yourself and you created an incredible cake. I think I learned a lesson here. Congratulations. The bride will be thrilled!

Necey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Necey Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:35pm
post #32 of 66

You did a fabulous job on this cake...kudos to you and your cakeCentral friends for sticking with it.. Good thing we have such passion for getting it right huh ? icon_biggrin.gif

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #33 of 66

Wow, it's absolutely beautiful. I love it! I love your bow and streamers, mine never look half as good. I'm sure the bride was thrilled with it.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:04pm
post #34 of 66

I'm so glad your hard work paid off -- that is a gorgeous, gorgeous cake!!!

One of the other posters said she would've quit and cried . . . I'd have quit, cried, grabbed a fork, and eaten the cake to console myself!

You are a strong, persevering, talented woman!!!!!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:28pm
post #35 of 66

Great save!! Your cake looks WONDERFUL!! Let us know how the bride liked it!

Gail

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:33pm
post #36 of 66

It's just beautiful

You really deserve a pat on the back for not giving up. They say we learn the most from our mistakes and what you've learned from this experience is that you're resourceful, persistant, creative and brave.

Congratulations on a cake any bride would be proud to have at her wedding. The bow is beautiful.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #37 of 66

From the pictures, I can't see any mistakes. i think it turned out really well!!!

You have to remember that *most* of the people who look at cakes dont' know what to look for, even if they wanted to find some mistakes. Now, many of us might be able to find the mistakes, but typically, the layman won't see anything but the cake as a whole. Not to mention, they aren't going to be looking at it up close and personal, from a few inches away. Usually, the reception is a dark/dim lighted room (as another poster pointed out) and they look at the cake from a few feet away, probably because THEY don't want to fall on it or ruin it themselves.

You braved the trials and tribulations of a wedding cake! Congratulations! And now you are ready to learn and move on! Move past what happened over the last few days and prepare for the next one.

Bravo, Lady!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #38 of 66

Congratulations! It looks perfect, and beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif

For the stencils-where did you get them? I love the pattern on the cake.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:59pm
post #39 of 66

Perfectly stunnng.
Such an elegance came out of it.

<sniff>

Hope you're getting in some good z's right now!!!

(I hope you got a good chill on it for delivery if you use the frige for your cakes.)

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:07pm
post #40 of 66

Your cake turned out beautifully. I love the stenciling. It's gorgeous. The ribbon and flowers really set it off too. I'm sure your bride will be thrilled. Can you even believe that hours ago you were considering the "REFUND" word?!! thumbs_up.gif

cookieaddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieaddict Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:15pm
post #41 of 66

Beautiful cake. Don't ever think of giving up cake decorating. You have such good will power and you overcame the difficulties. You are simply great. Love love the cake.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm
post #42 of 66

It's fantastic! you did a wonderufl job! No one will ever know you had any problems!

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdqueen

Can you even believe that hours ago you were considering the "REFUND" word?!!

I agree!

Congratulations on your beautiful cake-- it turned out truly gorgeous and about as far from a 'disaster' as you can get!

Great work! thumbs_up.gif

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:16pm
post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

I'd have quit, cried, grabbed a fork, and eaten the cake to console myself!

I'm with ya on that one! thumbs_up.gif Wow, that turned out so well, and you were worried!!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:30pm
post #45 of 66

all your hard work and perserverance has paid off, the cake is beautiful. your bride will be so happy, and dont you dare point out to her your mistakes or blemishes, so one sees them but you. Stencilling is alittle more awkward then people make out, you need 3 hands to get it done smoothly, but yours looks great, what stencil did you use?

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #46 of 66

I am so overwhelmed at all the supportive responses to my problems and the praise has been wonderful. Only cake people understand what we go through at times like this. Looking at it in the cold light of day always tells a different story.

I am up and getting ready to box the cake and take it to the church. (I got at least 5 hours sleep, so I should be okay for today. But I guarantee that then I put my granddaughter to sleep tonight that I will probably go with her!

I love you all and will post later when I find out the reactions from the Bride and Groom.

Have a great day thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gificon_lol.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #47 of 66

looks great! i'm glad it all worked out well. please let us know how the the wedding party liked it.

p.s. the blue bow color is beautiful !

Trevie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trevie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #48 of 66

It's beautiful! You did such a great job!! They are going to love it!!! Persistence pays off and it paid off very well for you...Congratulations!!!

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #49 of 66

O ptanyer,
The cake turned out absolutely stunning! I'm soo glad that you hung in there when you weren't feeling the best. And thanks for thanking me, but none was needed. We are a family here, us cakers need to stick together and support one another. Sometimes we just need a cake sister to give you a bit of a pep talk to get the cake done! And it turned out gorgeous!

Totally know what you mean about seeing the cake in a different light the next day.

I hate my cakes at midnight and say there is nothing more I can do and go to sleep. The next morning, I seem to see a totally different cake and see all the potential and beauty! We are just sometimes so involved/attatched to the cakes that we can't see it for what it is: BEAUTIFUL!!! Because, I never thought your cake looked bad, even when it was naked... lol icon_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gif You Rock!

ptanyer Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #50 of 66

Well to let you all know that we delivered the cake to the church with no problems..nothing broke or fell off. Got the cake set up, left the cake boxes for left overs and the anniversary tier and included directions for freezing it. Catering staff seemed to like it. Wedding was at 3 pm, no frantic phone calls from bridal party that they hated it or that there was a problem. So I guess everything went okay. As soon as I get a reaction from guests at the wedding I will let you all know.

It's getting dark, granddaughter has had her bath and we are waiting on supper take out and then this tired caker is off to bed - no late night for me tonight.

Thanks for all the moral support...have a good evening.

Pam

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:41am
post #51 of 66

Sleep well and sweet dreams. It was a beautiful cake!

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:04am
post #52 of 66

Your cake turned out beautifully! What a great save. I'm quite sure that you will get RAVE reviews! You should be very proud of yourself in sticking with it and not giving up. Hope you have a super nap tonight. You deserve it!!![/i]

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:19am
post #53 of 66

I'm so happy to see a happy ending. No selling of cake equipment and no refunds. The cake looked truly beautiful in the pics. I'm very happy for you. Nicely done!

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:31am
post #54 of 66

and here I thought I would be able to buy some decorating equipment for cheap! After looking at your pictures it is obvious that you should not give up. Great job kudos to you

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #55 of 66

The cake turned out beautiful!

So your in Lenoir.....that is right down from me. I am in Catawba.

JamieBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieBrooke Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #56 of 66

You did absolutley a beautiful job. If they only knew what goes into these cakes. So glad everything turned out okay. I can say that I have learned some tricks from reading all the post though.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #57 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

The cake turned out beautiful!

So your in Lenoir.....that is right down from me. I am in Catawba.

Hey Pam and Patti- We may have to get the three of us together. I'm in Taylorsville.

Pam- I didn't see this thread until today, so I was of no help, but I do really like your cake. I was off work Friday, so I could've possibly come to help you if you wanted me to. You're only about 30 minutes from me. If nothing else, I could've cheered you on.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:00pm
post #58 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Congratulations! It looks perfect, and beautiful. icon_biggrin.gif

For the stencils-where did you get them? I love the pattern on the cake.

I totally agree, your cake turned out beautiful! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #59 of 66

I too just found this post..but I gotta say AMAZING! Not just how well you regrouped and made a beautiful cake, but how everyone here rallyied (not sure about spelling) to do anything to help. CCer's are amazing icon_biggrin.gif Great job-I'm sure the bride and groom were completely happy with your creationicon_smile.gif

ptanyer Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:47pm
post #60 of 66

To those wanting to know about the stencil - it is called

Fleur De Lis Side Stencil by Designer Stencils
Product ID #22784, $10 from globalsugarart.com (see photo below)

To Patti and April: It is so nice to meet other cakesters from my area. April, I looked at your photos on your web site - your work is awesome. I am a mere amateur compared to your work. I mean you have a web site - how cool is that? And Patti, your cakes are so pretty and I can only hope to be able to do the basket weave and buttercream flowers as well as you do. Maybe after I finally break down and have the carpel tunnel surgery I will be able to concentrate on that kind of piping work. I am honored that ya'll would have helped. Maybe we can meet someday!

And to all the other people who have read the post and commented, all I can say is "Thank You". The support has been mind blowing and I appreciate everything ya'll had to say. The thought that you took time to post a comment to help is a big thing. That is the premise that CC is founded on I think and I am soooooooo glad that I found this site. I feel like I have a whole new group of friends and that is a great feeling in the times we live in. Because, as has been said many times on this site, only other cake decorators can understand what we go through when we choose to give of ourselves to others in this way. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%