Need Help Quick Please.

Decorating By Kim040508 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 6:08am by Kim040508

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #1 of 5

Ok, I covered my cake, (a guitar), with fondant but didn't have enough to cover everything. So I put on some extra pieces of fondant to cover my bare spots but now how do I get them smoothed together to make it look like one piece or as close as I can get it. Help please!!

Thanks
Kim

4 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:44am
post #2 of 5

You need to wet the fondant and rub the seams together until the fondant kind of melts together. icon_smile.gif

Kim040508 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:57am
post #3 of 5

Thank you sooo much, ceshell.!! icon_smile.gif

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:59am
post #4 of 5

Bronwen said when your fondant is a lil short take a sharp nife and cut a line in the very center top of your cake........that is if your doing a tiered cake where the second cake is going to sit and it will let the fondant fall down lower on your cake. She did this during the gala dinner at the Austin "That Takes The Cake" Competition and it worked very well. If your not doing a tiered cake the only thing is to try is to stretch it down with your paddles or patch it (which can be covered with decorations) or recover it with fondant. Good luck to you icon_smile.gif HTH

Chippi

Kim040508 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:08am
post #5 of 5

Thanks Chippi, I'm trying to wet it and it seems to be working out really well, it's just taking a long time. I guess, if I would have done it right the first time I wouldn't be in this perdicament. Thanks for your help.

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%