Placing Wire In Fondant Accent Pieces

Decorating By HeavenlyDelights Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm by sweetjan

HeavenlyDelights Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:16am
post #1 of 5

Hey everybody I read in another thread about placing the wire in fondant stars without looking at the star...WHAT? Which color ring (thickness) should I use to roll out my fondant for stars and letters? Also any hints about placing the wire within the pieces prior to drying would be appreciated.

4 replies
wrightway777 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:27am
post #2 of 5

heres a few quick thoughts:
the whole idea of "not looking" when inserting the wire is that you "go by feel." Hold the area of fondant where you will be inserting the wire with your index finger and thumb. When you practice you'll get this idea.
If you must use a ring...go with the thinnest. Remember the thinner the less likely your stars will droop on the wire or drag through the cake (esp when you transport the cake).
Tip: If you have to have a "spray" (meaning a bunch of stars on wires coming from one centralized point - like in the middle of a cake) I LOVE the idea of putting them in a stir stick straw thats inserted prior into the cake. That way the wires do not drag through your fondant or buttercream.

HeavenlyDelights Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:04am
post #3 of 5

thx wrightway helped tremendously

wrightway777 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 5

no problem. I just noticed your a newbie...welcome! You are going to love this site! The people on this site are fantastic!

sweetjan Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 5

Post a picture of your project once you're finished with it! And welcome~ You'll be amazed at what you'll learn here!
And wrightway, thanks from me, too! That was great advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%