Help! Need To Find Minature Figures To Put On Cake

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 3:49am by poohthebear

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:07am
post #1 of 6

I have scoured the net and local hobby shops but I can't find the following miniature scale items:

Building
Airplanes
Male Jogger/Runner
Bicycle
Rock Climber

I am still a newbie to cakes which is why I am not using fondant for these items, since I don't know how!

Please help, I am desperate. All the cakes are due in 4 weeks so I must find these items soon.

5 replies
ATCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ATCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:19am
post #2 of 6

I had the same problem with a Mario Bros cake. Both my customer & I looked high & low. She eventually found some on Ebay. You can look under miniature figures.

mygirlssweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mygirlssweet Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:24am
post #3 of 6

How about making them about of gumpaste/fondant? Have you looked online to see if you can order them? How small do the have to be?

Fondant is easy to use as is gumpaste. Gumpaste dries very fast you have to work quicker. Fondant/gumpaste a (50/50) is probably the best to use. You have more time to work but it will dry faster when you are done. If you use just fondant, mix some tylose or CMC powder into it first as it will strengthen it. Think of it as the same as working with play dough. I love modeling, the options are only limited by your imagination.

Hope it helps.

sarah0418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarah0418 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:27am
post #4 of 6

how about making them out of chocolate transfers of frozen butter cream transfers. I think they are easier than moling out of fondant.

izzy1953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzy1953 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #5 of 6

are you familiar with "Hobby Lobby" they are an infinite source for almost everything. If you have one in your area its worth checking out.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:49am
post #6 of 6

My favorite medium is modeling chocolate. You can make anything it's like becoming a kid again and playing with Play-dough! Make it cheaply by using almond bark and corn syrup, or buy pre-made in many different colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%