Sam's Club Buttercream Frosting

Decorating By mavreader Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 3:35am by newmansmom2004

mavreader Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mavreader Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #1 of 4

Hey icon_smile.gif On a previous post, someone advised me into purchasing Sam's Club buttercream frosting that they sell in 28 pound tubs. I was wondering if anyone has used it before, and how do you accommodate the frosting to make different types of consistencies and is there anyway you can make chocolate frosting from this tub? Thanks for your help in advance! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 4

I buy Sam's for their dark colors, I don't care for the flavor much so I only use it as a needed thing. It is a standard BC so you can use it as such. Thin it with water, thicken it with powdered sugar.

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 4

I buy Sam's for their dark colors, I don't care for the flavor much so I only use it as a needed thing. It is a standard BC so you can use it as such. Thin it with water, thicken it with powdered sugar.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #4 of 4

I've purchased the Sam's buttercream and I think it's actually pretty good - especially on graham crackers!! icon_lol.gif I got some 'bakers' buttercream this past weekend from a cake shop just to try it and it was AWFUL. I'll stick to homemade buttercream or Sam's in a pinch.

Anyway - back to Sam's. You can add some powdered sugar if you want it thicker or just put it in the fridge to firm it up. If you need it thinner, use a spray bottle and thin it out a 'squirt' at a time so you don't overdo and end up with syrupy icing. If you give it a little time it will also crust if that's the kind of buttercream you like.

I have not tried making chocolate flavored icing with it, but a friend of mine mixed some of the Hershey's dark icing (using the recipe from the back of the special dark Hershey can) with it and she said it was kind of gray looking but it tasted great!

I like the Sam's icing best for cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%