New Video: Crewel Embroidery With Pb Fluff Buttercream

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 4:16pm by zubia

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #1 of 37

Wow, took me a month to get this video done! Movie maker wasn't working, then projects came up here and there...but here it is:

36 replies
FairyPoppins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FairyPoppins Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #2 of 37

Cool - I love your videos! Thanks for doing this. thumbs_up.gif

MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:52am
post #3 of 37

ORIGINAL!!! UMMM...LOOKS DELICIOUS!!

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:17am
post #4 of 37

WOW!!! Thank you so much for making and sharing with us!!

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:35am
post #5 of 37

You ROCK as usual! I knew you'd figure it out! I'm going to have to try that out first chance I get. I really like the look.

zubia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zubia Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:43am
post #6 of 37

Awesome .Thank you so much

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:55am
post #7 of 37

Another great video! Thank you for sharing! I love that cake too...that pattern reminds me of the decorations on the gauze type shirts from the 60s/70s....they may still make them...I just know they were REALLY popular back then.

I got a question...how does one make a video?

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:18am
post #8 of 37

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Can't say it enough. Your videos are so incredible and I love the music. Very entertaining. I might just have to try out this out for my grandmother's birthday coming up!

Thanks for sharing! icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:32am
post #9 of 37

Great video. Thanks for sharing the how-to and the recipe!

SeriousCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 37

Thank you everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I got a question...how does one make a video?

Well, I have a digital camera that has that option, I film, upload to the computer like I would with my pics, then use Windows Movie Maker to edit and set to music. It's pretty easy once you've done a few, I had hubby make the first one then I took over icon_wink.gif

all4cake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 37

I take it, a memory card would be a good thing to have when doing it this way....you were referring to regular ol' digital camera with a video option on it and not a digital video camera, right. I reckon I could probably take more than a minute's worth of footage if I had a memory card. I never even thought of that. I thought ya'll were using either a webcam or a video camera. Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeVille(well, after I find out who does Edna's nails...and get me a makeup artist ...hey...there should be a touch-up option on the editing program...haha)

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:55pm
post #12 of 37
Quote:

I take it, a memory card would be a good thing to have when doing it this way....you were referring to regular ol' digital camera with a video option on it and not a digital video camera, right. I reckon I could probably take more than a minute's worth of footage if I had a memory card. I never even thought of that. I thought ya'll were using either a webcam or a video camera. Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeVille(well, after I find out who does Edna's nails...and get me a makeup artist ...hey...there should be a touch-up option on the editing program...haha)

If you want I can give you the number for the girl that does my nails..
As for the make up..I can do that for you!...lol

Serious cakes...that looks yummy!
Edna icon_smile.gif

all4cake Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #13 of 37

I'll go pick up the necessary tools for you to do my makeup Edna...putty knife, chisel, duct tape...

what can ya do to transform Aunt Bea into I dream of Jeannie?

tonedna Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:02pm
post #14 of 37
Quote:

I'll go pick up the necessary tools for you to do my makeup Edna...putty knife, chisel, duct tape...

what can ya do to transform Aunt Bea into I dream of Jeannie?

Hey..all I need is makeup and brushes..no chisel!!!...lol...Make up do miracles!..look at me!.. icon_lol.gif I am the real Aunt bea!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

SeriousCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 11:44pm
post #15 of 37

lol-this is why you only ever see my magical hands icon_smile.gif

Yeah, just a digital camera, not any kind of camcorder. Very easy to do icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:26am
post #16 of 37

Looking at my hands...I think someone put my Grandma's hands on me while I was sleeping...oh, wait...I take that back...she had plump wrinkles....they put a dried up witch's hands on me...I can get some Hamburger Helper gloves...

Oh, Madge...look at my hands! It's my dishwashing detergent. What do you use?

(Madge) You're soaking in it.

(GASP!)

I need some Palmolive somethin'

Edna, it truly has been forever since I applied makeup although, I absolutely love to buy lipstick and do so with the intention of wearing it often. Can I convince you to do the makeover as I slept so I can wake up beautiful???? lol...no, really.

Maybe I can convince one or both of my daughters to fill in for me...you know...be my stunt double!

tonedna Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:09am
post #17 of 37

lol all cake..I forgot to say I use a stunt double! icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #18 of 37

Another great video, Serious_Cakes! I watched it last night. PB buttercream is ALWAYS good icon_wink.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:31pm
post #19 of 37

Its absolutely Fab! The buttercream looks so yummy! icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 3:01pm
post #20 of 37

Serious_Cakes, did you ice and decorate with the Peanut Butter Fluff? I guess it would take some trial and error to figure out when it is right since it doesn't look like I am used to buttercream looking. Sounds delish though - like something I would be spreading on graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookies while I am watching Food Network! icon_biggrin.gif

hellie0h Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hellie0h Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #21 of 37

Thanks for the video, I have seen all your videos and have them bookmarked.
You are wonderful to share your talent and techniques.

SeriousCakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 8:26pm
post #22 of 37

Yep I used it for both, on both cakes. I don't like using a frosting that won't work for both, lol icon_lol.gif It wasn't sticky like the fluff, the butter and shortening keep it from being like that. But it is a little sticky and soft, I haven't tried roses with it but I think it'd be great for say strings, flatter flowers, etc.

artsywest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artsywest Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:25pm
post #23 of 37

I watched it a couple of times, but I didn't catch the amount of peanut butter you used. (maybe I'm slow) Did you put in 1/2 cup- the same as the butter and shortening?

SeriousCakes Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #24 of 37

lol, no, that was my fault, it's supposed to be 1 cup of peanut butter.

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #25 of 37

Thank you so much! You are awesome.

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:22am
post #26 of 37

thumbs_up.gif Thanks, Serious Cakes. I definitely will be trying the PB buttercream with a chocolate WASC. Yum!

Lisa

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:49am
post #27 of 37

Cool Crewel technique Serious! This may be a dumb question, but I couldn't tell in the video.....you only made the vertical lines? You did not then outline your vertical lines? I'm not familiar with crewel, and couldn't tell in the video. Deb

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 12:51am
post #28 of 37

Cool Crewel technique Serious! This may be a dumb question, but I couldn't tell in the video.....you only made the vertical lines? You did not then outline your vertical lines? I'm not familiar with crewel, and couldn't tell in the video. Deb

SeriousCakes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:59am
post #29 of 37

C'mon, there are no dumb questions! But no, lol, I didn't outline the finished decorations. Here's some examples of REAL crewel, done with needle and thread:
http://www.philaega.org/gallery/crewel_flower.jpg
http://www.n8kpl.net/personal/images/CrewelChoices2crop.jpg

*sigh* I am going to have to do this again, if you do a search for 'crewel' there are soooo many cool decorations!!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #30 of 37

I like your use of crewel embroidery as an inspiration for cake decoration. Satin stitching is the use of the parallel lines. the french knot would just be dots, feather stitch again easy- a u with a cross hatch. Bullion knots- Ouch- I have no idea how you could create those with frosting- but most of the basic stitches could easily be done with frosting and plain tips, Thanks for the idea; I will have to try this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%