The Story Of The Easter Roadkill Cake.

Decorating By Ren-agade Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 4:59am by Sarsi

Ren-agade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren-agade Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 4

I have always loved to make and decorate cakes. When I was little, I would watch my mom decorate cakes for me or my dad. I would sometimes ask if I could do a cake for something, and she always said no. Then one year she let me do a cake for christmas. I hit a slight bump, but the cake turned out great. So, I think I was 12 and it was the saturday befor easter, my mom came to me and said I could make a cake for when we go over to my Aunt Mimi's house the next day. I was so exsited, I ran off to start planing the cake.

Mom gave me this great Idea for a 3d rabbit cake. She told me to take 2 8-inch rounds, iced together, and cut 1/3 off one side. Then take the cake and stand it cut side down to make the body. Take the other piece, cut in half, and put one half on the front and back of the body to make the head and tail. I iced it in white canned frosting and decorated it with purpple flowers and made paper ears. I was so proud when I was done, and my parents said it looked great. thumbs_up.gif So, we pack it on a cke plate with A lid, and went on our way.

I was not letting the cake out of my sight, so, the cake was in my lap the whole trip. From Norwood, PA. To New Jersy. Almost a one hour trip. And during that trip, I noticed something odd with my cake. It was moving. That right my "perfect" bunny cake was starting to lean, and I was starting to get nervus. There was nothing I could really do, exept let it fall. By the time we got to Aunt Mimi's, the cake had fallen all the way over. You see, my forgot to tell me one little piece of advice. When you make a cake that is supposed to stand up, you need to use suports. At first I was so upset. Then the whole family sarted to laugh. When we took a good look we realized just what it looked like. Roadkill! So, the whole night my famliy complement me on my beutieful Easter Roadkill cake.

Anybody else got a good "bad"animale cake story?

3 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 4

That's too funny. It's too bad you didn't have any black icing on hand to make tire tracks over it. People would have thought you did it on purpose.

mandygirlxoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandygirlxoxo Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:12am
post #3 of 4

not a cake story, but that story reminded me of what i did lastnight when i made clam chowder for my dads birthday. i was doubling the recipie and everything was fine until i had a taste. I looked at the recipie and read 2 TBSP of pepper. but since i was doubling the recipie i put 4 TBSPs.... well there was only suposed to be 1TBSP for a single recipie wich means doubled there would only be 2. anyways my family tried to force themselves to eat it but they could only take two bites of the speckled soup before it was tossed down the drain...
they made fun of me the whole night. it was really sad. but i learned a very important lesson. lol read the ingredients not twice but three times before you put it in the soup. lol

Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:59am
post #4 of 4

LOL!! That is really funny!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%