Easy But Effective Easter Cake Needed

Decorating By joanna3292 Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm by joanna3292

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 4

I am planning on advertising easter cakes for sale in my village. I have created a more conservative one which has tulips, daisys etc but now I want to do a fun one for the families - I need something that is eye catching but not too time consuming as the first cake has taken ages! I want it to be a 7" round cake covered in fondant and then decorated. Any ideas gratefully received - thanks

3 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 4

OK, two ideas:

1. bunny hunting for eggs
Keep it simple - steal an idea from Debbie Brown's Enchanted forest cake, instead of bunny make only his hind rear - search for this cake on CC if you don't know what I mean. make few trees, basket with eggs. Arrange on top of your cake - bunny hidden under one tree, basket next to him. Make few mushrooms or similar decorations - see my photo for ideas http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1325523 - concentrate on the background.
7" cake is not big, get the dimensions right and you are done.

2. bunny hiding in egg
NOT 7" round - more for half round cake. Steal idea from magic bunny cakes - again, search CC for pictures. Cover cake propped upside down with fondant to get the egg shell (serrated edge over the cake).
Easier would cover the cake with white chocolate, turn right side up and wrap the upper part in chocolate layer - see http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-599861.html
Set the bunny inside, hide rest of the cake with simple fondant flowers and grass.

And even if you decide against my ideas - show me the cake you make!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #3 of 4

I have a few ideas in my photos and there there are these:
Well can only get one to load - I'll see if I can post it in my pix.
It's a bunny head....using a heart cake covered w/stars or can use tip 233.
LL

joanna3292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanna3292 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the suggestions, I took inspiration from the rabbit idea and did a rabbit coming out of its whole with a few little easter eggs and carrots on the top - i have tried to add it as an attachment but its not letting me... thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%