Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake/filling?

Baking By tootie0809 Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 2:04am by jbonnici

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 6

I'm looking for some ideas on how to make a good chocolate chip cookie dough flavored filling or cake. Any ideas or recipes? It doesn't matter if it's the cake, filling, or both that is flavored like the cookie dough, just as long as I can capture that flavor. I absolutely love cookie dough ice cream and want to make that into a cake for my nephew who loves choc chip cookies. Thanks!

5 replies
MOBOGAL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MOBOGAL Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 6

Hi icon_smile.gif

Here are a few suggestions. Paula Deen has a recipe for cookie dough truffles (no raw eggs) and it is awesome...tastes JUST like cookie dough. Instead of rolling into balls and dipping, you could just spread it on as the filling. I bet it'd be awesome with chocolate cake. Also, I found another recipe for cookie dough frosting at Mama Baker's blog (also linked below). Hope these help!

http://recipes.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view/cookie_dough_truffles/

http://mamabaker.wordpress.com/2008/09/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-doh-cupcakes/

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 6

Awesome! I am definitely going to try these. I'll post how it turns out. Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

Yum! That's one of my favorite kinds of ice cream too!!!! Blue Bell's version is the best! I can't wait to try making a cake with that filling!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

jenniferus2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniferus2002 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 6

I was wondering the same thing...so thanks for asking. It sounds so yummy! I'm going to give them a try next time i make cupcakes. thumbs_up.gif

jbonnici Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbonnici Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 2:04am
post #6 of 6

I was just wondering if anyone had tried these 2 recipes- sounds SO good, but want to know if anyone has tried in a cake yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%