Stick On Bag Instructions

Baking By shiney Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm by pamconn

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 11

I tried to cut and paste directly, but didn't work. The visuals are on the second page of this thread.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-619564-15-days0-orderasc-.html

10 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 11

Thanks, Shiney, for going to all the trouble of posting those pictures. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 11

I do this a little different, so I'll share in case you want to try...
First, let me tell you that I came to this when a customer asked for cookie favors and then changed her mind to lollies... I mean she thought I made the COOKIES the day before her order was due... icon_rolleyes.gif

- Bag the COOKIES upside down
- Tie with ribbon or curlies as usual
- Put hot glue to the stick (1/2" less than the COOKIE size)
- Place stick on the back of the bag, 1/2" under from the bottom (in this case top), and press to the bag
Now this gives support to large COOKIES:
- Place a drop of glue on the stick just behind the ribbon
- Stick 1-1/2" size pipe cleaner (use a color that blends with the ribbon or combines well) and fold to the front, twist hiding under the ribbon

Please let me know if I'm clear...

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 11

Thank Ya'll both for posting these! I did try Shiney's and it worked out great! I'll try this other one also - Thanx again ya'll!

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 11

Alagoas: That's a great thing when you have to switch from bagged to sticks. and you don't have to transfer to another bag. Thanks for sharing that tip!!

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 11

Shiney - I just saw your idea! Thanks for taking time to post the pics for those of us who need visual instructions! icon_lol.gif

Alagoas - Thanks for sharing your great idea too!

I just may give this a whirl sometime! icon_biggrin.gif

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 11

Tracy, has anyone asked for a bouquet from you? Do you basically do multiples of your cookies in a tray? I can't even imagine how long it takes you to do your masterpieces. Please tell me you do some simple cookies sometimes that you don't post on CC.

TracyLH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 11

Shiney - I have never done a bouquet. My cookies are individually wrapped and used as party flavors (b-day/anniv./special occasion) or for people to give out to family and frends for the holidays. Good guess - they take forever which is a downcheck time-wise.

It is funny that you ask this about simple cookies as I really, really have been trying to do some simpler cookies, but that is a bit harder for me. I think it takes a lot of talent to do a simpler cookie that looks great without overdoing the detailing. A lot. But I have been trying to work more in that style. (I get up my guts and chant "Bakinccc...Bakinccc...Bakinccc" icon_lol.gif ). I did some 'test' cookies for Valentine's Day and was happy with them. (Didn't post them as it was well after V-Day, but I will that time next year), but I did try again just two days ago and did simple balloons. It was actually quite fun (and comparitively so fast! icon_biggrin.gif) Some were packaged and sent off to my father to go with some more time-intense frog cookies and some actually went in a box for my DH to take to work to celebrate his b-day. Of course, I still planned away and when I was all done I saw how I would do them differently and almost redid them, but resisted the urge and let them be (big step for me!). Once I go through the upteen photos, I will post them. My next goal will be to do two versions for St. Pat's Day - one simple and one more complicated. Eventually, I would like to do that for all holidays, but usually I get so swamped with the more time-intensive cookies that I run out of time. icon_lol.gif

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:09am
post #9 of 11

Tracy
After reading Shiney's comment about your cookies, I just sat here and looked in awe at your cookies. Absolutely stunning. I finally switched to MMF cuz my cookies looked so awful.
Do you have a website?

TracyLH Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #10 of 11

Hi Toleshed - Nope, no website. I just haven't had time. Hopefully someday though! icon_smile.gif

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 11

Alagoas,

Do you have any photos of how you did the bouquet? I can't quite see it in my mind. icon_redface.gif Sorry, I'm more of a visual person.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%