Stick On Bag Instructions

Baking By shiney Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm by pamconn

shiney Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 11

I tried to cut and paste directly, but didn't work. The visuals are on the second page of this thread.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-619564-15-days0-orderasc-.html

10 replies
Honeydukes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 11

Thanks, Shiney, for going to all the trouble of posting those pictures. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Alagoas Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 11

I do this a little different, so I'll share in case you want to try...
First, let me tell you that I came to this when a customer asked for cookie favors and then changed her mind to lollies... I mean she thought I made the COOKIES the day before her order was due... icon_rolleyes.gif

- Bag the COOKIES upside down
- Tie with ribbon or curlies as usual
- Put hot glue to the stick (1/2" less than the COOKIE size)
- Place stick on the back of the bag, 1/2" under from the bottom (in this case top), and press to the bag
Now this gives support to large COOKIES:
- Place a drop of glue on the stick just behind the ribbon
- Stick 1-1/2" size pipe cleaner (use a color that blends with the ribbon or combines well) and fold to the front, twist hiding under the ribbon

Please let me know if I'm clear...

GayeG Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 11

Thank Ya'll both for posting these! I did try Shiney's and it worked out great! I'll try this other one also - Thanx again ya'll!

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 11

Alagoas: That's a great thing when you have to switch from bagged to sticks. and you don't have to transfer to another bag. Thanks for sharing that tip!!

TracyLH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 11

Shiney - I just saw your idea! Thanks for taking time to post the pics for those of us who need visual instructions! icon_lol.gif

Alagoas - Thanks for sharing your great idea too!

I just may give this a whirl sometime! icon_biggrin.gif

shiney Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 11

Tracy, has anyone asked for a bouquet from you? Do you basically do multiples of your cookies in a tray? I can't even imagine how long it takes you to do your masterpieces. Please tell me you do some simple cookies sometimes that you don't post on CC.

TracyLH Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 11

Shiney - I have never done a bouquet. My cookies are individually wrapped and used as party flavors (b-day/anniv./special occasion) or for people to give out to family and frends for the holidays. Good guess - they take forever which is a downcheck time-wise.

It is funny that you ask this about simple cookies as I really, really have been trying to do some simpler cookies, but that is a bit harder for me. I think it takes a lot of talent to do a simpler cookie that looks great without overdoing the detailing. A lot. But I have been trying to work more in that style. (I get up my guts and chant "Bakinccc...Bakinccc...Bakinccc" icon_lol.gif ). I did some 'test' cookies for Valentine's Day and was happy with them. (Didn't post them as it was well after V-Day, but I will that time next year), but I did try again just two days ago and did simple balloons. It was actually quite fun (and comparitively so fast! icon_biggrin.gif) Some were packaged and sent off to my father to go with some more time-intense frog cookies and some actually went in a box for my DH to take to work to celebrate his b-day. Of course, I still planned away and when I was all done I saw how I would do them differently and almost redid them, but resisted the urge and let them be (big step for me!). Once I go through the upteen photos, I will post them. My next goal will be to do two versions for St. Pat's Day - one simple and one more complicated. Eventually, I would like to do that for all holidays, but usually I get so swamped with the more time-intensive cookies that I run out of time. icon_lol.gif

toleshed Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 12:09am
post #9 of 11

Tracy
After reading Shiney's comment about your cookies, I just sat here and looked in awe at your cookies. Absolutely stunning. I finally switched to MMF cuz my cookies looked so awful.
Do you have a website?

TracyLH Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:31pm
post #10 of 11

Hi Toleshed - Nope, no website. I just haven't had time. Hopefully someday though! icon_smile.gif

pamconn Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:29pm
post #11 of 11

Alagoas,

Do you have any photos of how you did the bouquet? I can't quite see it in my mind. icon_redface.gif Sorry, I'm more of a visual person.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%