Got An Aztek - Now What?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 15 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm by 2txmedics

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 6

I finally got my aztek last night - now what? what compressor do I get? (if you have an aztek, which compressor do you have?) and where online can I get the best deal on airbrush colors with shipping?

5 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 6

I have heard of people getting their compressors and Harbor Freight. Just make sure that it has a moisture trap. I don't really know about the colors, since I don't have an airbrush yet (lucky!) but here's a bump.

Nickilyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickilyn Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 6

bump icon_smile.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 6

Try: airbrushcity.com I got the 144ac, its the size of a football, and quite...has the mositure trap, I LOVE IT...got it on sale with the whole kit...the pen that comes with it, and they also offered the pen cake decoators use GD 100.

still on sale...good luck...as far as self taught tutorials I just go to you tube...or do a search for ideas...has helped.

cakesarecool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesarecool Posted 14 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2txmedics

Try: airbrushcity.com I got the 144ac, its the size of a football, and quite...has the mositure trap, I LOVE IT...got it on sale with the whole kit...the pen that comes with it, and they also offered the pen cake decoators use GD 100.

still on sale...good luck...as far as self taught tutorials I just go to you tube...or do a search for ideas...has helped.

is "GD 100" supposed to be a discount code or something?

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 15 Mar 2009 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 6

No, the GD-100 is the airbrush pen that I read up on that is recommended for cake decorators...it came with my kit...this is it:

http://www.airbrushcity.com/gd100.htm

I love my compressor, and pens it came with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%