Sell A Cheesecake??

Decorating By Kay_NL Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm by JodieF

Kay_NL Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 3

LOL, it sounds like a silly question!

I've had a request for a cheesecake and it's my first sale of one. Normally I make them for family and keep them on the bottom of the springform pan for serving. What is the technique for getting the cheesecake onto a disposable base for the customer?

2 replies
Lee15 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 3

I cut a circle of parchment paper to fit the bottom of my pan then place the cracker crumbs and cream cheese mixture on top of it. Bake it this way. Once it is finished baking, I place the entire pan in the refrigerator. The next day, I use a large spatula, push it under the paper and go around in a circle until I feel it will move off of the bottom of the pan. Then with the spatula still under the paper, I gently slide it onto a decorative board. The paper will act as a buffer between the board and cake.

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 3

Nope...not a silly question! You can put a cardboard round in the bottom of the pan before you bake it, or a cut out piece of parchment paper for the bottom of the pan. My cheesecakes have a solid cookie type crust, so I can just use a spatula and lift mine out.
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%