Please Help Me Before It Is A Disaster??!!

Decorating By mommy2landonmason Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm by mommy2landonmason

mommy2landonmason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2landonmason Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 3

I have seen all the whimsy cakes and decided i wanted to try it for my sons birthday, which is tomorrow. Last night i finished carving it and put on buttercream. I started with fondant and just couldnt get it so settled with buttercream. Well, this morning I come to the cake and it is splitting down the middle of the cake. icon_cry.gif I just dont know what to do to keep it from completely cracking. I dont want to make another cake and fillings. (It is MacsMom's Tuxedo cake)

So what can i do to 'patch' it up. any suggestions? thanks

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 3

Did you support the tiers with cake boards and dowels? If not, that would be why it is cracking. You'd need to disassemble the cake and reassemble it using the correct supports.

mommy2landonmason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2landonmason Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 3

sorry i didnt describe it more, but i didnt even put the top tier on yet. but the bottom tier that cracked did have 3 layers. i pulled the top layer off and that is all that cracked, but the cake now has a slope to it, like it smashed the bottom layers. where do i go from the bottom 2 layers?
I wanted a perfect cake for my little man and now i have a disaster icon_cry.gif thanks for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%