Help! I Know I Saw It Here, But I Can't Find It Now...

Decorating By mamajan61 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm by mamajan61

mamajan61 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 8

Once upon a time, I know that I read an article, or maybe something posted in the forum that spoke of a tool that you can purchase that will help folks like me to make the corners on a square cake... it's some kind of tool that you can smooth the buttercream on the corners and for the life of me I can't find that article... much less the tool anywhere...

I've struggled with the square edges for so many years.... Can someone help me?

Thank you,

7 replies
aswartzw Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 8

I think I remember that thread. Isn't it about the tool that's specially designed for square corners adn sold on a website? It's not a bench scraper or anything like that, right?

tiggy2 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 8
cuteums Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 8

Not sure what tool you are referring to.
Have you watched Sharon's (Sugarshack) video on buttercream? She takes you step by step to do a square cake. Really great.

aswartzw Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 8

Yes, tiggy. icon_biggrin.gif That's what I was thinking of. Definitely not for BC though. icon_redface.gif

tiggy2 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:49pm
post #7 of 8

If your BC is crusted well you might be able to use it on top of a viva paper towel. I use a fondant smoother that way with a light touch.

mamajan61 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 8

tiggy2.... YOU are my hero!!!

I've been in this business for more years than I even want to think about, and I have never been able to achieve the quality of edges on the square cakes that I would like... I've watched all the videos... I've read all the "help" books... I guess my brain is not extending to my hands very well icon_smile.gif

Thank you so very much!! Thanks to everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%