I'd Love To Thank The Writer Of That Article!

Business By jammjenks Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 3:28am by mommyle

jammjenks Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

I had a bride call about her wedding cake. We had a very informal consultation in January and her wedding cake is in a few weeks. She needs to feed about 100, but has a HUGE cake that her heart is set on. It is a three tiered job in the center with 8 surrounding cakes on those clear stands with varying heights...you've seen the type. Yeah, the cake in her pic serves about 262. I mentioned using real cake for the center part and dummies for the 8 on the stands. She said...

"Nah, make it all cake. I read in an article that it can be customary to send satellite cakes home as gifts to the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Since we have four of each that will work out just perfect."

This could be awesome for us as cakers. Did one of you CCers write that article? icon_wink.gif I asked her where that article was, but she couldn't remember where she read it.

Maybe there's hope after all...

5 replies
Melvira Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 6

Are.. you... kidding?!?!?!

I would personally LOVE to hug the person who wrote that, and I'd also like a copy of it to pass out around here!! thumbs_up.gif GO YOU!! Big 'ol order!

eriksmom Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #3 of 6

If you can't find the article, write one yourself and have it published in some popular magazines! That would help us all out tremendously!

mommachris Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:35am
post #4 of 6

Yep, just a couple of weeks ago Isent home a couple of small cakes with the bride's matron of honor.
Nice gift and tasty with coffee the next morning too. thumbs_up.gif

Every once in a while those bride magazines come out with a good idea.

trumpetmidget Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 6

I was married 7.5 years ago (before I became a cake-a-holic) and we had that at my wedding. All the bridesmaids, the parents of the bride, and the parents of the groom got to take home a mini cake (a 6 or 8 inch heart - I don't remember anymore). I did not pay extra for my cake - it was part of the reception hall package. So, I have heard of that. It is one of those things you can always "suggest" to the bride in order to bump up your price...if you're into that kind of thing. icon_smile.gif

mommyle Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #6 of 6

Wow!!! I thought that the table-centerpiece cakes were a good idea! We all should start pushing THIS!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%