My Fantasy....all Time Popular...*sigh*

Decorating By JodieF Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 3:02am by JodieF

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 26

Two years ago I never would have even THOUGHT about having a cake in that special row on the homepage. Now, ooohhhhh baby.....I want it....I CRAVE it! What IS the magic number?????

I know it's greedy! I know it's asking SO much because I'm not a pro and there are SO many amazing cakes posted on this site! I feel so blessed to have had a few cakes that have a lot of favorites!

It's just.......I can't help myself!

Come on......you want it too!

Jodie

25 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:37am
post #2 of 26

I don't know what the number is, but when I saw the grad cake I did up in there, I damn near busted the buttons off my blouse with pride.

So much so that I copied and pasted the entire homepage to a Word doc, so I could keep it forever!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 26

Playingwithsugar....you did a great job painting those swirls!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with "favorite envy"! icon_lol.gif I just waiting for other folks to confess!

Jodie

edited cause I can't spell anymore....or maybe it's I can't TYPE anymore! icon_lol.gif

shelly-101 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #4 of 26

I was wondering the same thing what is the magic number.....not that any of my cakes would ever make it there but it would be really cool though.

playingwithsugar Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:53am
post #5 of 26

Thanks, Jodie! I had a lot of fun doing that cake. I didn't have time to over-think it, so it came out just right.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SeeChicletRun Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I don't know what the number is, but when I saw the grad cake I did up in there, I damn near busted the buttons off my blouse with pride.

So much so that I copied and pasted the entire homepage to a Word doc, so I could keep it forever!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Oh Im glad Im not alone!! I felt the same way and screen capped the page *blush*

I dont know the magic number, but Id love to see another of my cakes up there someday!

lara3teach Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 26

Oh, Jodie...I am right there with ya! I know I'm not close yet in talent compared to all the awesome cakes on here. But I'd love to know if the few cakes of mine that do have quite a few favorites are anywhere close to making that magic spot!

Ariginal Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #8 of 26

I'm with you jodie hehe i would love to know too hehe yeah wouldnt it be nice ohh when the day comes i will be dancing and a singing i am sure...

was bad enough when my name came up on a weddings website referred by a client i had at the time woohoo that was exciting too ohh what the internet can do and how good it can make us feel ahhhhhhh

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:59am
post #9 of 26

SeeChicletrun.....you have TWO cakes with over 100 favorites...and you haven't posted many!!!! Wow...congrats! That carriage cake HAD to have made All Time Popular to get 284 favorites!! Gorgeous!
The most I have is 72...and I was beyond thrilled to get that!

Jodie

SeeChicletRun Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #10 of 26

Thanks icon_smile.gif Yah it was the carriage cake that I saw pop up. I think it might be a combonation of veiws and favorites that get you on the main page? But I could be wrong!!

I plan on printing out that screen cap and putting it in my daughters baby book (the cake was her 1st bday cake) I doubt she will think it is as cool as I did, but oh well icon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:09am
post #11 of 26

i confess that i felt exactly the same (and still do) and was in utter disbelief when i had some of my valentine cookies on the popular today post (i still wonder if i was dreaming) so i called my dh in for a look and he said that i probably just missed the other ones (how nice of him) does he not realize how addicting this site is (hence the warning duh lol) and i would have noticed (right?!!?) i still have no idea how it happened or what the number is...i guess it's the pics of the day

playingwithsugar Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:10am
post #12 of 26

Aww, Chiclet -

Of course, she'll think it's cool - until she turns 13. Then nothing you do will be cool - until one of her friends says your cool - then you will be cool in her eyes again.

Don't stress - it's something all parents go through. They get over it, but it takes time - a long, long time.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

forthwife Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:12am
post #13 of 26

HAHA! I'm not the only one! I started the "do you check to see how liked your cakes are" thread the other day. One day I want to be a frontpage all time favs. High hopes for a beginer, but might as well aim high!!

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #14 of 26

Theresa....yep..*nodding* my daughter is 25 now (21 and 17 year old sons too). About 2 years ago my daughter looked at me, grinning, and said "ya know, you're sure a lot smarter than you used to be!".

I cracked up!!! So, if you LET them live long enough, they turn out to be real people who even like you again!

Jodie

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #15 of 26

Lara3teach.....I was gonna tell you that I really like some of your cakes but then I saw the CUBS logo cake!!!
Sorry....I'm a Cardinals fan!!!!! Image

Jodie

SeeChicletRun Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:24am
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Theresa....yep..*nodding* my daughter is 25 now (21 and 17 year old sons too). About 2 years ago my daughter looked at me, grinning, and said "ya know, you're sure a lot smarter than you used to be!".

I cracked up!!! So, if you LET them live long enough, they turn out to be real people who even like you again!

Jodie

lol!! That is awesome. Ill keep that in mind. My boys are 5 and 4 and my daughter is 14 months. Im just waiting for the day the eye rolling starts. icon_rolleyes.gif

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:33am
post #17 of 26

eye rolling....door slamming....foot stamping and "it's not faiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrr" whined at the top of their voices......

Yep....you have a lot to look forward to......NOT!!!!! *lol* all those lovely things that make your palms itch!!!!

CakesByLJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:35am
post #18 of 26

I am guilty....... I admit it...... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Confession is soooo cleansing... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I would love to know what the magic number is.. maybe we could post our cakes that are close and beg for help... icon_lol.gif
*hanging my head in shame*

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:39am
post #19 of 26

CakebyLC...pssssttt.....I'll save yours as favorites if you'll save mine!!!! *tee hee*

Jodie

CakesByLJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:41am
post #20 of 26

icon_redface.gif it's a deal Jodie... icon_twisted.gif spread the word... icon_lol.gif [/i]

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:51am
post #21 of 26

Image Ya got it!

Jodie

lara3teach Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 10:51am
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Lara3teach.....I was gonna tell you that I really like some of your cakes but then I saw the CUBS logo cake!!!
Sorry....I'm a Cardinals fan!!!!! Image

Jodie

Very funny! icon_lol.gif Did you see the Sox cake? That one nearly gave my die-hard Cubs fan husband fits.

Kay_NL Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:47am
post #23 of 26

I don't think I'll ever have a cake in the most popular category... I didn't even get any recent favorites for my last few cakes. Perhaps my talent is going downhill. icon_sad.gif

You guys do fantastic work! I loved looking at your cakes, hopefully my views and faves of them will help them get on the home page! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetjan Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:49am
post #24 of 26

JodieF and playingwithsugar, your posts are so funny! AND...both of you deserve the recognition!! thumbs_up.gif

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:00pm
post #25 of 26

Lara....I just went and looked again...yep...saw the Sox cake. icon_biggrin.gif I've saved some as favorites! Not the Cubs cake though... icon_rolleyes.gif

Kay....I think a lot of it is that SO many more people are posting cakes now! Cakes fly off the homepage when they're posted, if they even show at all! I've gone and looked at the newest uploads and been amazed at some of the cakes that didn't get looks at all! Sometimes it's just bad luck that your cakes don't get seen. And, if they don't get seen, it's hard to save them! Cake Central has gotten so popular!

Sweetjan...I'm glad you know we're just playing! thumbs_up.gif I have to go to work now, but I'm gonna take a peek at your cakes sometime today!

Jodie

JodieF Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #26 of 26

Awwww.....no one else wants to confess their "favorites envy?""" icon_biggrin.gif

come on...it'll make you feel better!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%