Dairy And Soy Free Icing Recipes

Baking By carmenid Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm by Solecito

carmenid Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:28am
post #1 of 8

do you have any dairy & soy free cake recipes or more importantly icing recipes?

7 replies
carmenid Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:58am
post #2 of 8

anyone?

Solecito Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 8

I was thinking you can use water instead of milk in a regular icing recipe (like wilton's)
I use water + non-dairy coffee creamer, but I think the creamer has a little milk products in it, so maybe just the water.

Also I've heard some people can't drink cow's milk but they are ok with goat's milk, just a thought.
HTH

bonniebakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 8

I've used rice milk in place of the milk called for in an icing recipe with good results.

Rice milk is not a dairy product and contains no soy.

carmenid Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 8

I usually put water on mine...but how do you go about the butter and the shortening? that's dairy and soy right there...what is the alternative?

is there any butter / shortening free recipes out there?

Solecito Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:58am
post #6 of 8

I make my icing only with crisco, no butter. I tend to melt it with my hands and the all-crisco icing stand the heat better for me.
I also use an icing that looks like whipped cream but it has no dairy product in it. The one I buy it's made by Rich's, I can get it liquified and just whip as necessary. Sam's sells one big tub of the stuff, al ready whipped I guess. May be you can use something like that.

domaidl Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #7 of 8

Could you please let me know where to buy the Richs' to make the whipped cream like frosting? I have looked for it in several stores around me and can't find it anywhere. I have been buying it already made from the grocery stores bakery but they charged alot for it. I do not have a Sam's by me either. It seems every cake I make, they all want the non dairy whipped frosting. Anything you can tell me that will help will be greatly appreciated.
Dawn in WI

Solecito Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm
post #8 of 8

Have you tried their website? Unfortunately I live in Mexico and I can get it at a local bakery supplier, so I don't know where to buy in the USA. Sorry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%