Anyone Planning A 27.5% Price Increase?

Business By indydebi Updated 16 Mar 2009 , 4:20am by SugaredUp

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 1:58pm
post #61 of 65

Borrowing from DH's management background and P&L experience, net profit of 10-13% is good, less than 10 not good, more than 13 = excellent. Just learned my advertising needs to 3.5% of operating, while doing a projected P&L for the SBA.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:20pm
post #62 of 65

Kitagrl--
I also have a minimum of $150.00 on sculpted cake. I use to charge $7.00 to $10.00 per serving--nixed that pretty quick when I had to make about 5 different cakes to serve 10 guests. Majority of sculpted cakes run in the neighborhood of $350.00.

Oh, I have finally figured out how to let people know when I have made their cake instead of the chef that ordered it from me (supposedly on behalf of HIS clients). I am making a small fondant plaque and signing my name on it--all in the color of the cake frosting so it is not unobtrusive and putting on the back of the cake.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:42pm
post #63 of 65

Just and FYI to those who have Dollar General in the area. I found BC mixes for $1.00 each there.

They don't have a big selection--White, Chocolate and I think Yellow. They also had carrot for $1.15.

HTH!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:39pm
post #64 of 65

I bake from scratch and am so excited that butter and egg prices have come down It was over $8 for 4 lbs at Sam's Club and now it is back down to $6 for 4 lbs.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 16 Mar 2009 , 4:20am
post #65 of 65

While we're on the subject of GFS brand items, I bought some bulk cane sugar from there for the first time (I usually get it somewhere else) and it is horrible. This is gross, but there are like these brown and black blobs and hard white chunks in the sugar. I have to carefully sift through it and pick out all the gross thingys. It's so annoying. Like I have time to check each grain... anyone else noticed this??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%