Ideas For Hubbies 40Th?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!
My husband will be turning 40 soon and i'd love to try my hand at making him a nice cookie bouquet to send to work as a surprise.

I'd love to hear ideas as to what shape cookies i should use and container. I'm looking more for a generic theme cuz my husband really doesn't have any hardcore interests or hobbies other than working on his laptop and cartoons/comics. I know, weird. Now you see why i'm stumped?

7 replies
SILVERCAT Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:35am
post #2 of 8

Well you named a few things he likes to do. You could do any of three you listed above. As for a container a manly mug that goes with the theme of the cookies. And if you cant find or don't want to spend money on a cutter if you printer out the shape you want your cookie use a knife and cut them that way. Hope this helps!

cindy6250 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:41am
post #3 of 8

If you check my photos, there is a picture of a Birthday Cookie Bouquet that I did. It was a
cake, balloons, cupcakes, party hat and a gift. I used a cute box that I found at Dollar Tree.

Hope this helps.

luv2bake6 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:11am
post #4 of 8

Wow, your pics are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and for your advice.

yankeegal Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 8

How about a t-shirt with #1 Husband or Father? (if that applies) A computer cookie?

sallene Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 8

You could do some easy cartoon cookies (I guess that depends on what he likes).

Laptop/mouse cookies.

Generic b-day cookies, like Cindy mentions. You could do primary colors so that they're more 'manly'. lol

JenWhitlock Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 8

I really like the idea of having a cupcake or 'slice of cake' with a candle in the center of your bouquet. then I like the idea of #1 dad or the like.
maybe go with the cartoons, or the computer.
and some small stars as filler?

I did some small-ish stars that I outlined and sugared for 4th-of-July, they were really simple but I liked them a lot
- might keep it more manly too?

good luck!

luv2bake6 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys! These are great ideas. I also like the idea of the #1 husband t-shirt and i happen to have a t-shirt cookie cutter that i've never used yet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%