Cardio Kickboxing .... Owwww!!!!

Lounge By Ayanami Updated 19 Mar 2009 , 9:47pm by Ayanami

Ayanami Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 8

icon_cry.gif I hurt! icon_cry.gif

DH has been going to our local gym with a friend of his for the last couple of months, & they convinced me to join (family pack) & take the aerobics classes offered.

I love aerobics ... or at least I did 10 years ago! icon_eek.gif

Man I hurt. icon_cry.gif

I took my first class last night, cardio kickboxing & it totally whipped me! I hurt in places I didn't know I could hurt! icon_lol.gif

I'm taking a Belly dancing class & a beginners yoga class tonight.

Wish me luck! (I'll need it) icon_rolleyes.gif

7 replies
mlynnb Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 8

Congrats on getting back into working out! Sorry you are hurting so much, but you know what they say, no pain, no gain! icon_lol.gif
I think the yoga class you will be taking will help tp stretch out and move those sore muscles, but be careful not to overdo it! Muscle soreness and fatigue usually hits its peak at 48 hrs after an intense workout! Like I said though, yoga might actually help to counteract that, so have fun!
I'll never forget one time when I first started teaching classes and I was so gung-ho...I taught a cardio kickboxing class and did soooo many lunges and kick/lunge combos that I could barely sit on the toilet the next day....well, i could sit, but I couldn't get myself back up, lol icon_lol.gif
Anyway, keep at it---the good news is usually the first time is the worst, it should get better from here on out! thumbs_up.gif

mocakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 8

Lucky!!!! I did kickboxing for 3 years and LOVED it! I had to quit because of back, neck and shoulder issues...but I even did it when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter. Love, love, loved it.

MichelleM77 Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #4 of 8

Ooh I love cardiokickboxing! I do it with the shows on FitTV, so probably not as intense as what you are doing in the gym. The pain will get better. LOL! I don't really hurt after a workout now. I love it. I get all of my aggravation out doing kickboxing!

Ayanami Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 8

Yea, the pain was definately STRONG for at least 48+ hours. icon_razz.gif

I think the only thing that got me thru the class actually, is the fact that I took Tae Kwon Do for 3 years, but heck, that was 8 years ago! icon_lol.gif

It did help me that I already know *how* to kick & punch, now it's just a matter of going sooo fast & for so long non-stop. Seriously, my instructor starts at 5:30 & never quits moving (or slow down) till 6:25 when class is over.

Oh, and our "cool down"!? Yeah, it's the most excruciating ab routine I've ever endured. icon_confused.gif

But hey! I get to go back again on Wednesday. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm excited actually. I'm looking forward to when I am able to keep up & I start seeing results.

(pray for me!) icon_cry.gif

mkolmar Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 12:47am
post #6 of 8

oohhhh your muscles gotta be sore! I did P90X pylometrix today. I won't be able to move tomorrow either. icon_lol.gif
I'll be thinking of you when I'm yelling in pain in my cardio kickboxing class this week.

MichelleM77 Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 11:46am
post #7 of 8

P90X....what do you think about that? Hubby saw the infomercial and said it looked good, but if I remember right it was kinda expensive, and we would have to get some equipment.

Ayanami Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 8

I am such a sucker for punishment!

I've been taking my KB class for 3 weeks now & I still hurt after every class. icon_rolleyes.gif She had us doing drills last night up & down across the room. I felt like I was back in Tae Kwon Do! icon_confused.gif

It'll all be worth it in the end right?!

On the other hand, Belly dancing & beginners yoga are really cool & fun. i have both of those classes tonight.

Wish me luck! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%