Ordering Products Online.

Decorating By yummycupcakes Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 5:51pm by archanac

yummycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycupcakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all, i'm fairly new to all this, especially cake decorating. I just recently finished taking all the Wilton courses and have all the basic tools. Now I just need to purchase things like petal dust, cutters, impression mats- all the decorative extras. I'm not satisfied with the selection at my local Michaels- of course they only have Wilton products.

I have visited many supplier websites but haven't yet ordered because I add a ton of stuff on my cart thinking I get a good deal until I get to the shipping part! Goodness, they charge an arm and a leg for something so small like petal dust! (It was www.cakedecoratingltd.com) They had such a good price on their products. Are they shipping from another country?

Then I went to www.kitchenkrafts.com because I did a coupon search and their website showed up- but the coupon expired and they don't have a current one icon_cry.gif

So I just would like to know what sites you go to for the best deals to buy your cake supplies?

I'll even start with a few helpful sites that I use for shopping online for general stuff:

www.thefind.com (compares prices for the product and you can filter it to see only sites with sales & or coupon codes)

and my personal favorite- it has been a secret of mine- or so i'd like to think:
www.retailmenot.com (excellent site for getting tons of coupon codes)

5 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 6

really the site i order most from is globalsugart the shipping is always within reason and they fill their orders quite fast. And they have such a verity that i don't have to troll to many other sites.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #3 of 6

I order most of my supplies from http:///www.countrykitchensa.com

yummycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycupcakes Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both for your input. I am going to order a few things this weekend!

sweetthingcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetthingcakery Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 6

you might want to check out www.shop.confectionerswares.com

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

I order most of my supplies from http:///www.countrykitchensa.com

I go to www.countrykitchensa.com as well and www.confectioneryhouse.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%