Fondant Question

Decorating By countygirl28 Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm by countygirl28

countygirl28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countygirl28 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm
post #1 of 5

This may have been asked before, but I am new and not sure. I am doing a cake similar to the one below. I would like to get the coloring similar to the top tier, but not sure how to go about it without it turning into a weird colored blob. Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1320169

4 replies
Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 5

You need to have all the different colors you need done first. Then just mix them together. You can roll them into logs and twist them or just start needing them together. Don't mix too much so that you get one hideous color.

countygirl28 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 5

I have all the colors ready, I was just afraid of overmixing them and getting that hideous color! LOL I will try the log thing and hope that it works! Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 5

I find the best way to marble is to roll logs of each color then lay them on top of each other. Then, twist them into a rope and then roll up into a spiral. Roll it out into a rope, twist and roll up. Continue that process until you get it as marbled as you need. There is a good video showing this at atecousa.com website. HTH!

countygirl28 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks tracycakes! That video was very helpful! It's always easier to see it done first rather than trying to picture it in your head lol Thanks again!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%