How Much Should I Charge For Sugar Flowers?

Decorating By Sadrienne Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm by msmeg

Sadrienne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sadrienne Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 6

What do you usually charge per sugar rose, on average? They haven't told me how many they want yet, but I want an idea on how much to charge...?

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 6

You should check out some of these websites that sell flowers. Then you can set a similar price. =o)

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 6

the main thing is really considering the time it will take you, and how much that is worth, plus the cost of the materials.
you can have a look online to get some idea of the price range - of course watch out for cheaper mass produced or lower quality flowers, and remember that yours are surely going to be better than those ones!
xx

Sadrienne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sadrienne Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 6

so about $2 a rose seems fairly reasonable?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 6

very reasonable! if anything, very cheap! for that price, i would be thinking its to be a small rose, if its bigger, i think you could get away with charging more (since it will take more time).
there have been some posts where people give the prices they actually charge, if you look back that might be helpful too. since i dont sell my stuff, im maybe not the best person to judge - but since i know the work it takes, id be thinking id got a bargin for that price.
xx

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 6

making gumpaste roses is a skill not all people have

What do you think you should be paid per hour as a skilled worker.

and then how many roses could you make in an hour.

$2 is a bargain I would not do it for that. not full bloom roses maybe a rose bud.

some of those you can order ar not made in the USA and labor is WAY cheaper

now if I was using a mold and fondant I would charge less.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%