Templates

Decorating By LaTasha Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 3:21am by DianeLM

LaTasha Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hello CC Family

I would like to know. I have to create a popcorn bag template. But this question is for any future template I make as well. What do I make the template out of so that I can keep it and use it over if I have too. What material do I use to make if firm enough so if can with stand several use.

Thanks

5 replies
i_heart_pastry Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 6

At craft stores (like Michaels) you can buy plastic sheets that work well for templates. I forgot the brand name, but I just saw them recently. They are about the same thickness as the plastic covers for book reports - thick enough to hold up, but thin and flexible enough that you can cut them easily. I've used them before for leaf-shaped templates for tuille cookies and they clean up nicely. You may need to ask a store employee to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Bec

icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

i make a lot of my templates out of cheap table mats.. like the ones from wal-mart,etc..

tiggy2 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

I've made them out of paper then covered them with clear contact paper (front & back) and cut them out.

neecerator Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #5 of 6

Whenever I make something that I want to use over and over again, I go to an "educational" type store and get the picture/template laminated.
Good luck, hth.

DianeLM Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #6 of 6

I save all the bits of cake boxes I've butchered to fit a cake properly as well as boxes that are too marred to give to customers.

Whenever I need a template, I cut it from the cakebox cardboard and cover at least one side of it with clear Contact paper.

If I need to make a template at Kinkos, I laminate it right there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%