Third Birthday Dilemma!! Plz Help!

Decorating By JBCakesCo Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 12:23am by JBCakesCo

JBCakesCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JBCakesCo Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #1 of 7

I have a customer who wants me to do her son's 3rd birthday cake she doesn't want to do a theme do you have any ideas about a cake for him that has no set theme maybe something that revolves around the number 3... icon_cry.gif

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 7

Didn't you ask the customer what the little boy like best? Cars, football.....something like that?

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 7

You can make a "3" shaped cake by using two rounds and icing the number on top (there are some "3" race car track cakes that have done this - do a gallery search and you'll see what I mean). You might also ask her what her plates and napkins look like and do a cake that will coordinate with that - that's what I often do for kids' parties. Good luck!

Bec

JBCakesCo Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Didn't you ask the customer what the little boy like best? Cars, football.....something like that?

She said he likes all sorts of different things thats why she is not setting a theme but I will ask her what color plates and such she is using.

starcitycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starcitycakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:05pm
post #5 of 7

You could make a two teired round or square cake with a solid color icing and then add different colored dots, stripes or 3's. EX. blue icing with yellow, green, red shapes. And then change the second layer up with the same colors scheme. And maybe make a loop bow or a BIG 3 to put on top. Or cut out the childs name in fondant and let it dry and set it up against the cake at the bottom. Or you could make sugar cookies for that instead of fondant.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 7

You don't give us much to work with as far as size, shape etc you need.
I would make many different fonts/style of '3's and cut out the child's name as starcitycakes said. Maybe make the name out of rolls (snakes) of fondant rather than cut it.

JBCakesCo Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:23am
post #7 of 7

Thank you starcitycakes you have me a great idea to present to her.

Kakeladi I know I'm not giving much to work with but neither is the customer if I had more info I would have posted it thats why I needed the help I asked her all sorts of questions and all I got was she isn't doing him a theme & she is tired of walmart cakes she wants something different so I think I am going to present starcitycakes idea to her it sounds different without having to throw in a theme. I asked her what color plates and such she was going to use but she hasn't responded yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%