Am I The Only One???

Decorating By pianocat Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 2:16am by JodieF

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 20

Who hates to click on a picture to find there's no description of the cake. Women in general are detail oriented and want to know all about the cake, so it's disappointing to find no info. ( But I still like to look at the pics.) Maybe it's an issue with time-don't know. Just one of my pet peeves. icon_smile.gif

19 replies
Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 20

I hate that, too. I very often do not comment if there's no description. I feel like every one of my cakes has a "life" and a story to tell, and I like to share that myself.

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 20

Anyone?

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 20

I too wish that everyone would put some sort of description, but there are so many people on CC that don't speak or write English so I think that could be the reason they don't/can't describe the cake.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 20

surely this is especially important in the competitions - i mean the details affect what i personally would give as stars. plus it means the comments arent all just asking how it was all done! i too just like to knwo the story - like who it was for, if it was stressful. then im not the only one!
xx

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 20

I probably go too far in writing the description. I could write a book but I run out of room. icon_lol.gif

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 20

You are so not the only one! I'm just like that! I love to read to story about the cake. I want to know the flavor of the cake, the fillings, everything! lol I'm like the previous poster--I'm more likely to leave a comment if there's a description. Not sure why---just works that way. I guess it feels more like a conversation that way....

I think mainly....I like details...I'm very curious detective.gif (or nosey!)!!!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 20

I am also disappointed when there is no info. I like the ones that have a story to go with it. Maybe I'm nosy, but tell me who what when why and even how long it took you to make it.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 20

I agree, I love reading about the cakes & the work that went into them. Count me in as nosy. I think you appreciate them more when you hear the work & the details that went into them.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 20

I love to read the story about the cake. I like to know the size flavor/filling ! I also like when there is a mini tutorial on how they did it. Sometimes its something I may be doing soon and it helps me to know how someone else did it ! There are also some really good/funny stories included with some cakes !

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 20

Me too, I love to see the story behind the cake and details about the cake.

Merry1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Merry1227 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 20

I was just thinking of this yesterday. I found a few cakes I want to try and have not clue as to how to start! I don't want a step by step but some description would be great! Also keywords! I have gone searching and found nothing. Gone cake by cake (for hours/days) and found just what I wanted with no keywords!!!

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:53pm
post #13 of 20

okay...after reading this I don't feel bad about writing so much in the descriptions of my cakes! icon_lol.gif

Jodie

messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:59pm
post #14 of 20

I guess I'm in the minority of this thread because a description or lack thereof makes no difference to me. I do appreciate keywords, though!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:09pm
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

okay...after reading this I don't feel bad about writing so much in the descriptions of my cakes! icon_lol.gif

Jodie

ok, now I feel like I don't write enough icon_lol.gif I will try to be more descriptive now.. icon_redface.gif

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:44am
post #16 of 20

CakesbyLJ....your cakes ROCK! I wanna be you when I grow up! icon_biggrin.gif

Jodie

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:09am
post #17 of 20

icon_confused.gif who are you kidding Jodie... icon_razz.gif That Mozart cake makes me drool every time I look at it.. yummy... thumbs_up.gif (thanks though icon_redface.gif )

calivettie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calivettie Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:23am
post #18 of 20

Wow, and here I thought that no one really cared so was keeping my descriptions short... You guys want novels- i can do novels!! lol icon_smile.gif

ClassyMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyMommy Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:29am
post #19 of 20

I also like when they share how they made important pieces of the cake that aren't obvious to the eye.

JodieF Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:16am
post #20 of 20

CakesbyLJ...that Mozart cake was EASY! I swear! Besides having chocolate EVERYWHERE...and I do mean everywhere (on the floor, in my hair, on the ceiling fan!), those chocolate wraps are simple to do! But your beer bottle cake????? Nope...that wasn't easy!

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%