Satin Ice Fondant-Storage Question-Finally Buying Some

Decorating By nickymom Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm by emrldsky

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 3

Ok so I have only ever used MMF. I'm just a hobbiest but it's getting to where I dread making MMF because it's time consuming and depending upon the weather it can be hard to get MMF "just right" on certain days soooooo I have finally decided to purchase some Satin Ice. Like I said I'm just a hobbiest so I don't do a lot of cakes....just for my family & close friends so I know I won't use a lot.....I'd rather buy the 20 lbs though just so I can have some on hand when I get in the mood to make a cake etc. My question is this: after opening the container do I just reseal it w/ the same lid or do I need to put it all in bags. How long can an opened Satin Ice fondant container keep fresh?.........I know that the MMF seems to last for forever. I just have to heat it up and add some criso etc........will the satin ice fondant hardned up in the pail after I open it?

Thanks in advance

2 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 3

It will keep for a long time. I just get out what I need, then twist the bag back up, put the twist on the bottom and put the lid back on. I've never had a problem with it getting or stale.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 3

According to the company, if it's sealed back tight in the container, it should keep for up to a year. icon_smile.gif

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%