Cupcake Recipe And Decoration Books

Baking By Marmette Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 2:15am by cjgsmg

Marmette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marmette Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 7

Any suggestions on good cupcake and recipe books. I want to buy a few and would like some recommendations. Thank you

6 replies
LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 7

i sugest you go to your local book store, grab a whole bunch off the shelf, sit down and look through them. I love doing this. sometimes i will jot down one recipe out of a whole book, other times there are so many things that i like about the book i buy it. its a great way to review before you buy icon_smile.gif

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 7

The Whimsical Bakehouse Little Cakes is decent - cute ideas. I agree with LetThereBeCake07 though. Every book has a little something different. Pick the book with the most different for you. Have fun shopping!!

jolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolly Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 7

hi, someone posted a web site called wilton world, you may find some used books, if i remember right some of the members said they could not wait to start selling pans and books good luck and just pm me if you cant find the site. peace dennis

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 7

I don't like going to my library, but I did sit in B&N yesterday looking at cake and cupcake books. There are just so many. I ended up not buying anything because I had to leave before I finished looking. I am hoping that someone else may have some ideas. What I noticed most about the selection is that there were either books with lots of ideas for decorating or different recipes, but not any that I saw that had both. But then, I didn't go through every book. I had to leave. I looked briefly at the Cake Bible as I have heard a lot of great reviews on that, but it seems well above my mastery level. I hope someone has some good suggestions!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 7

I have "Hello, Cupcake" (by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson) which has very cute designs in it (they use store bought icing and ziploc bags, I just use my cake decorating stuff) but some of the cupcakes are very time consuming and have a lot of components. But any cupcakes I have made from this book people love. They use a lot of candy and cookies that seasoned decorators can change out for royal icing and piping techniques.

I also have "A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes" (by Dede Wilson), I have not made anything out of this book yet but it has great pictures and has cupcakes categorized by holiday.

HTH

cjgsmg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjgsmg Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:15am
post #7 of 7

I love "Crazy About Cupcakes"! It is a recipe book first and a decorating book second, but I've loved every recipe that I've tried. Also, they have cute designs that you can keep fairly simple or take to another level. They also have 4-6 designs for each major holiday and season plus ones for entertaining or themes.

I checked it out at my library first and is one of the few that I actually went out and bought after I checked it out multiple times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%