Carving A Dog

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 12:36am by paulstonia

sweetcakesbydesign Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:44am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know how to do this...or have a website that gives a tutorial?

Any advice would help alot!!!
thanks

6 replies
LauraLanier Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 10:55am
post #2 of 7

What kind of dog are you looking to carve? I have a couple in my photos, I just carve the body and use rkt for the head and legs then cove each piece in fondant and put together, I find carving to be a bit of a pain, but I can usually do the body pretty good, I have never tried the legs and head because I have a hard time covering the little pieces with fondant. Hope this helps.

Strazle Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:43am
post #3 of 7

Confetti cakes posted a video on carving a dog from cake. That is how I learned to do mine. You can find it on YouTube if you search for confetti cakes.

KlyKat Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 7

HTH K'ly

JGMB Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 7

I'm eating my breakfast while I get my morning CC fix. I wish you'd have added the word "cake" to the end of your forum topic.

"Carving a dog" --- YUCK!!! I suddenly lost my appetite. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ashk36 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 7

New here, Hi!! I've been searching online for tips on carving a doggy cake, too. I've taken on the task of making a cake for my friend's daughter's bday, and she said she'd like a dog cake. A chihuahua. Her chihuahua, to be exact. I've seen the confetti cakes video, I think I'll take a look at it again, but I'd appreciate any tips anyone has on keeping everything balanced so it won't fall over, shaping the head and legs, things like that. Thanks in advance!

paulstonia Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:36am
post #7 of 7

There is a tutorial on here showing how to do a chihuahua in a purse. It's really cute. With a chihuahua you might need the purse just to have enough cake to go aroundicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%