Toba Glace For Stenciling Cookies?

Baking By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 5:36am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:26am
post #1 of 6

Can I use Toba's glace for background and stenciling on cookies? I was planning on stenciling "Thank You" on some cookies.

Haven't worked with the glace before and haven't iced cookies before either. Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.

5 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 6

My advice would be to thicken the icing with more powdered sugar before attempting to stencil with it. I haven't tried this technique yet, but I've been tempted! I know that when I do final outlines, I thicken the icing to the consistency of peanut butter and it works very well. I'm guessing it would for stenciling, too. Let us know how it turns out!

cookiemookie Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

I have never used it, but I see no reason why you couldn't.

Just make sure your flooding coat is perfectly dry before attempting.

And I have the best luck with using a thick consistency of icing for the actual stenciling part. Try not to go over your design too many times. that's when it leaks under the stencil. I find with wording, it takes a least 2 swipes to get it. Also try going in the same direction. It will come out cleaner.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the advice.

any ideas about how to make the actual stencil? i've been trying to figure it out...

cookiemookie Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 6

Well I would just purchase a stencil.

You can make your own . You can get the material from Michaels in the craft painting isle. You would need to use an Xacto knife to cut it. Or if you might happen to have one of those fancy new die cutters(Cricut) that would work.

I have a Sizzix but haven't used it yet.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:36am
post #6 of 6

I'm going to attempt to make my own stencil. wish me luck LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%