Help

Decorating By mandygirlxoxo Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm by cylstrial

mandygirlxoxo Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:51am
post #1 of 3

my neighbor's birthday is on st. patrics day and he loves german chocolate cake. last year i made him a green shamrock with green colored coconut frosting. but it melted alot and it wasnt very pretty. what do you sugest? do you think it would taste okay if i used a coconut frosting filling and then just did buttercream decorations?

2 replies
Bijoudelanuit Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:54am
post #2 of 3

chocolate buttercream is fabulous with German chocolate cake! In one bakery we made a cake that had 4 layers of cake... 3 layers plus the top covered in the coconut frosting and then the sides and borders in chocolate buttercream... It was amazing! If you wanted to do some decorations in green buttercream I'm sure they'd really pop against the chocolate buttercream. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoudelanuit

chocolate buttercream is fabulous with German chocolate cake! In one bakery we made a cake that had 4 layers of cake... 3 layers plus the top covered in the coconut frosting and then the sides and borders in chocolate buttercream... It was amazing! If you wanted to do some decorations in green buttercream I'm sure they'd really pop against the chocolate buttercream. icon_smile.gif

That sounds super yummy!!

mandygirl -- Good luck picking out your cake combo!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%