First Cake Since Pregnancy

Decorating By misterc Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 9:37pm by kweenofengland

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:36am
post #1 of 5

I feel silly posting this but I am proud of my cake and excited to be caking again. It is my first cake since my pregnancy. It sure is harder to do cakes with a newborn baby at home. Anyway, I'm so happy to be caking again and posting. Thanks for letting me share. Here is a link to the cake pic.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1325274

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:59am
post #2 of 5

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. icon_biggrin.gifparty.gif

It's great to see you back caking - and such a beautiful cake w/matching cupcakes. thumbs_up.gif

You Rule!!!! princess.gifbirthday.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 5

Wow! its absolutely gorgeuos! thumbs_up.gif

And Congradulations on your new arrival! icon_smile.gif

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys!

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 9:37pm
post #5 of 5

I know how you feel! i have 3 boys, 5, 2 and 6 months old. I started learning to decorate cakes just after my second son was born. I continued to do cakes literally to within a week of delivery of my third son. Talk about pain in my heels, calves and back! Then while on maternity leave (and keeping my youngest two at home) I did 5 cakes in 9 days! It was alot of starting and stopping and alot of 'i have to smooth the cake before it dries too much' and letting the baby cry! your cake is way better than anything i have ever even attempted! Congrats on the baby, your first i am assuming? just wait till he/she is standing under you while you are making a cake and you keep saying....'pleas just get away from the cake'! I depend alot on my husband to tend to mine while i am working! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%